Mystery Location

DaveH

Could it be the Northern General hospital, I know there are pieces of old machinary scattered around the grounds, but dont recognise this one

Yes you are correct sando, what someone described to me as being an 'eight inch bar mill',

it stands on the left hand side of the drive if you turn right at the bottom of the Barnsley Rd. entrance.

Has anybody seen the Fox

Where is the Fox

I thought at first it might be something to do with (Hoyland) Fox Frames , the umbrella maker. However when I Googled the name I discovered that the entire operation has been moved to China some time ago. Did the operation used to be based in Woodseats / Heeley at one time and is the sign a leftover from then ?

HD

I thought at first it might be something to do with (Hoyland) Fox Frames , the umbrella maker. However when I Googled the name I discovered that the entire operation has been moved to China some time ago. Did the operation used to be based in Woodseats / Heeley at one time and is the sign a leftover from then ?

HD

No wrong Fox and wrong part of Sheffield HD

Walter Fox's seems to spring to mind.

I seem to be doing well here, I have not heard from Steve yet, might have to reveal more soon :)

Worst part of it is I can see the damned thing but can't place it, i've been thinking Sidney st and such areas.

Grrrr

Warm, the correct part of town within half a mile

A slightly wider view

Well, it clearly says "Fox House"

I am sure I have seen this quite frequently in the City Centre but I am not sure where.

Is it on the Moor or one of the streets that run off from it?

Well, it clearly says "Fox House"

I am sure I have seen this quite frequently in the City Centre but I am not sure where.

Is it on the Moor or one of the streets that run off from it?

does this help

does this help

No you're just making it more complicated now.

It says Fox House but it isn't the boozer out at Hathersage

It's somewhere in the city centre and I have seen it.

With Christmas & New Year it may be a while before I go into town again so if no one else gets it beforehand I will look out for it and let you know where it is.

Ah ha!

On the moor, street view doesn't go all the way, but the fox house bit can just be seen on the building side on this shot:

Ah ha!

On the moor, street view doesn't go all the way, but the fox house bit can just be seen on the building side on this shot:

Thats the place, I walked past the other day (on way to Poundland :) ), and noticed the name.

Save you a trip to town Dave

Save you a trip to town Dave

I usually walk past it twice every Saturday, but as the next 2 saturdays are Christmas Eve and New Years Eve I probably won't get down there until 7 January 2012.

Brought this one forward,

submitted by Stuart0742, we never did get an answer to it's whereabouts.

This Datestone is on building in Sheffield

Where?

Which Club was it?

Wasn't there some kind of football club started in 1889 ? Just a thought.

Brought this one forward,

submitted by Stuart0742, we never did get an answer to it's whereabouts.

Wasn't there some kind of football club started in 1889 ? Just a thought.

As far as I can remember :) its nowt to do with football, but there again I don't know what it is to do with.

As far as I can remember :) its nowt to do with football, but there again I don't know what it is to do with.

Is it in the London Road, Highfelds area ?

I suppose the logical next step is to find the "why's and wherefores" of it having been a WMC.

I haven't found anything written about it up to now.