Mystery Location

DaveH

Probably working on the theory that if it grew in the firms time you should have it cut in the firms time. he he . Or perhaps it was for the customers while they were waiting for car services etc.

Stuart once had a close shave with an unscrupulous car dealer.

To sort it he sent his mum round lol

I'm intrigued, why would a car dealer have a barbers shop on site <_<

It didn't Stuart, its sponsored advertising lol

Haven't you noticed that when you come to this page the sponsored link at the top of the page is for Peter Kay tickets and Hairdressers in Sheffield <_<

Got to get the sponsorship trade somehow ;-)

No it didn't have a barbers salon when I worked there but after I left my sister in laws boyfriend used to go round firms cutting hair could it be something like this you were thinking of? It is possible that he went there because she also worked there then.

Maybe I'm dreaming then,

but did TCH once have a showroom that overlooked St Marys Road/Gate, round about here ..

I'm intrigued, why would a car dealer have a barbers shop on site <_<

Maybe you can help out with my above question Stuart?

Maybe I'm dreaming then,

but did TCH once have a showroom that overlooked St Marys Road/Gate, round about here ..

There was this place, don't think it was ever TCH, last company there sold Kia's

Courtesy of Google SV

The Front was just a few doors away from the Lacarno the side was on Boston Street which overlooked the back of MFI where the car park is. Looking at your picture it was on the road at the back.People used to park in the MFI car park and walk through the showroom and out of the front door to go shopping on the Moor. :rolleyes: It became Dixon Ford then it later moved further down St Marys Road near Queens road and became Lookers before it closed .

The Front was just a few doors away from the Lacarno the side was on Boston Street which overlooked the back of MFI where the car park is. Looking at your picture it was on the road at the back.People used to park in the MFI car park and walk through the showroom and out of the front door to go shopping on the Moor. :rolleyes: It became Dixon Ford then it later moved further down St Marys Road near Queens road and became Lookers before it closed .

Sounds like I maybe wrong about TCH then :(

Although I do remember a barbers salon in that area,

it was just inside the doorway of a large modern building that had big showroom style windows.

The hairdresser/barbers name was Jock Gallagher and he was the landlord of the Truro PH

on St Marys Road,

I'm talking round about 1967

Sounds like I maybe wrong about TCH then :(

Although I do remember a barbers salon in that area,

it was just inside the doorway of a large modern building that had big showroom style windows.

The hairdresser/barbers name was Jock Gallagher and he was the landlord of the Truro PH

on St Marys Road,

I'm talking round about 1967

It was about 1967 that TCH was re vamped and the parts and service dept had a modern new big showroom window put in on Boston street directly behind MFI where you imagined it to be. I left in 1968 to have my first child so you could be right they went all computorised and very forward thinking and Mr John (as we had to call him) TC s son could quite possibly have thought that that was the way forward.

It was about 1967 that TCH was re vamped and the parts and service dept had a modern new big showroom window put in on Boston street directly behind MFI where you imagined it to be. I left in 1968 to have my first child so you could be right they went all computorised and very forward thinking and Mr John (as we had to call him) TC s son could quite possibly have thought that that was the way forward.

Thank you Syl,

I may not be loosing my marbles after all,

I'm just a road or two out

:)

Liberty House. St Marys Road.

Google Streetview.

Well done vox,

it never fails to amuses me every time I walk past him on my way to town.

Wonder what the iron thing that looks like a handle was used for?

Well done vox,

it never fails to amuses me every time I walk past him on my way to town.

Wonder what the iron thing that looks like a handle was used for?

Whatever it was it looks like it used to continue up the recess in the stone, and there was something on top because the stone above has a bit cut out of it. Is there one on the other side of the entrance?

Whatever it was it looks like it used to continue up the recess in the stone, and there was something on top because the stone above has a bit cut out of it. Is there one on the other side of the entrance?

Looking on Street View,

it appears that there was one on the other side,

with a bit of iron work just above

that is missing on my photo

Image from Google SV

Looking on Street View,

it appears that there was one on the other side,

with a bit of iron work just above

that is missing on my photo

Image from Google SV

Old photos anybody?

Not Sheffield but where & what is this part of?

Quick guess -

Could it be on a section of the Trans Pennine Trail ?

Quick guess -

Could it be on a section of the Trans Pennine Trail ?

No sorry Steve - something jolly in the east!

Nobody seems to have guessed where Dunsbyowl's feet are. maybe somewhere in Lincolnshire ?

So where is this doorway

A prominent position and an ex pub

So where is this doorway

A prominent position and an ex pub

High Street (North) ... no idea really, just throwing in a guess.

Not Sheffield but where & what is this part of?

Part of the inland waterway canal system perhaps ? Or is part of some observation point. The paving seems to be forming a circle. if you stand on the centre and look over the Sheffield sign do you see Sheffield on the horizon ?

HD