Mystery Location

DaveH

Right

Steve knows this area because of his fishing

Dave worked out where I was taking photo's on Friday (a fairy must have given him that clue lol )

Vox turned the other way at the traffic lights

I have see this on Google SV

That should get answer or at least a Google SV by tomorrow. lol

Right

Steve knows this area because of his fishing

Dave worked out where I was taking photo's on Friday (a fairy must have given him that clue lol )

I have see this on Google SV

Pointy finger sign

Poor wiring

Stone wall

Still looks very theatrical to me, or even a joke shop lol

Right

Got it.

Great building - I like it.

Here's just a bit for confirmation.

I'll leave it like that to stretch it for another few minutes.

Got it.

Great building - I like it.

Here's just a bit for confirmation.

I'll leave it like that to stretch it for another few minutes.

Now it looks like a transport place, a railway or bus station.

:rolleyes:lollollollol

I got one right yippe

Right its Neepsend Ln, which answers the original question, well done busman,

Part 2

What building is it, which should be easy with SV, what did this building used to be

Right its Neepsend Ln, which answers the original question, well done busman,

Part 2

What building is it, which should be easy with SV, what did this building used to be

It says its some offices so obviously its not that.

It still looks like a theatre / transport interchange to me

But given the area was it involved in steel / cutlery in some way?

It says its some offices so obviously its not that.

It still looks like a theatre / transport interchange to me

But given the area was it involved in steel / cutlery in some way?

Neepsend Ln junction with Bardwell Rd

Seen better days, anybody know the history

Guest binsted71

Yes, now you mention it it does also look remarkably like a brewery.

If I remember correctly, it was the rolling mills of The Hallamshire Steel and File Company back in the '50's

If I remember correctly, it was the rolling mills of The Hallamshire Steel and File Company back in the '50's

So now were back with steel again!

Do you actually know the answer to this one Stuart or are you expecting someone to tell you something you don't know?

Seems to me it was a brewery.

I kept quiet on this one as this was our local tram stop in the 1950s, I also caught the tram from here to Chaucer School. On the corner of the building below the office sign was a plaque giving the date of the Sheffield Flood and was mounted to show where the hight the flood water came to. It was removed or stolen in the early 70s. Photo courtesy R J Wiseman. W/E

I kept quiet on this one as this was our local tram stop in the 1950s, I also caught the tram from here to Chaucer School. On the corner of the building below the office sign was a plaque giving the date of the Sheffield Flood and was mounted to show where the hight the flood water came to. It was removed or stolen in the early 70s. Photo curtsey R J Wiseman. W/E

So now we're back to it being a transport interchange :blink: , a tram stop.

Don't really know where we're going with this one.

If it had been theatrical like I said in the first place would it have been a COMEDY or a FARCE?

Maybe its turning into a bit of a TRAGEDY.

But I can't wait to find the answer out, it's certainly a THRILLER lol

So now we're back to it being a transport interchange :blink: , a tram stop.

Don't really know where we're going with this one.

If it had been theatrical like I said in the first place would it have been a COMEDY or a FARCE?

Maybe its turning into a bit of a TRAGEDY.

But I can't wait to find the answer out, it's certainly a THRILLER lol

Still a Rolling Mill, just happens to have a tram stop outside, like most factories I suppose, quite simple, come on Dave pay attention

I kept quiet on this one as this was our local tram stop in the 1950s, I also caught the tram from here to Chaucer School. On the corner of the building below the office sign was a plaque giving the date of the Sheffield Flood and was mounted to show where the hight the flood water came to. It was removed or stolen in the early 70s. Photo curtsey R J Wiseman. W/E

I suppose the next question is when was the rendering added to the building, at 1st glance you would think it was stone, but on closer examination you can see the brickwork, as in W/E's photo

It is on Google SV that's where Steve will have seen it, or perhaps he has been there, it is a mystery as Toyah would say

As you like Toilet Wilcox so much Stuart have you noticed that she is appearing in the Christmas pantomime "Snow White" at Sheffield Lyceum this year?

If so you will have noticed that she is playting the WICKED WITCH and not SNOW WHITE lol

As you like Toilet Wilcox so much Stuart have you noticed that she is appearing in the Christmas pantomime "Snow White" at Sheffield Lyceum this year?

If so you will have noticed that she is playting the WICKED WITCH and not SNOW WHITE lol

Well that's my Christmas treat sorted then lol

I suppose the next question is when was the rendering added to the building, at 1st glance you would think it was stone, but on closer examination you can see the brickwork, as in W/E's photo

Yes it was the Hallamshire Steel Works these pictures were taken there, some Neepsend lads might reconize

themselves. You can see the brickwork on one of the pictures but I don't know if this was taken in front of the

building or at the back.

Yes it was the Hallamshire Steel Works these pictures were taken there, some Neepsend lads might reconize

themselves. You can see the brickwork on one of the pictures but I don't know if this was taken in front of the

building or at the back.

Second picture I recognise three Joe Webster with the glasses on and I think George Smith with the patch, Joe worked in the bar part of the wiremill as did Jack Lumb second from right, and i'm sure I remember the lady driving a Ransome truck they used to be parked wiremill side.

Edit: Make that four David Batten the tall one at the back.