Mystery Location

DaveH

I think I know the answer

Are there 2 of these plates at this location,

Will PM my answer to Busman

I've got them

Not very clear on Google Streetview but there all the same.

I'll leave it as a close up just to show I've got them (along with Stuart0742's PM) so a few more people can work it out.

Guest bus man

Right I mis-read your post

"My plate is not at the end of a path it is in the open in a busy shoping centre is sheffield "

I have been wasting my time then looking at al the pavements in Sheffield Centre, I did find 20p whilst doing it lolhe he

Right then widen the net as they say :)

It is not in sheffield centre and there are 3 (three) of them

Guest bus man

I've got them

Not very clear on Google Streetview but there all the same.

I'll leave it as a close up just to show I've got them (along with Stuart0742's PM) so a few more people can work it out.

I am sure that your shot is of the same one as mine clue:

There is a police station within a short distance , and a post office and a pub and a school

Its either a crane grave yard or a crane nursery, could be at Blackburn by the M1

Stuart, Blackburn is by the M65 (Lancashire mill town, famous for having 4000 holes)

I think you mean Blackburn Meadows (Bit of Sheffield that sticks out into Rotherham so we built a sewage farm on it)

I am sure that your shot is of the same one as mine clue:

There is a police station within a short distance , and a post office and a pub and a school

Yes - so its Woodseats branch then.

Chantry Rd junction. :)

Where is this sign

Ouside some offices which are to the right and down. lol

Looking at that wall in large sandstone blocks, the very amateurish looking electrical wiring and the artistic nature of the sign itself this looks very theatrical in nature so my first impression is it could be near one of our theatres, - Lyceum, Crucible, City Hall.... somewhere like that?

Probably not.

Ouside some offices which are to the right and down. lol

Looking at that wall in large sandstone blocks, the very amateurish looking electrical wiring and the artistic nature of the sign itself this looks very theatrical in nature so my first impression is it could be near one of our theatres, - Lyceum, Crucible, City Hall.... somewhere like that?

Probably not.

Yes your right Dave .. well with the 'Probably not' bit anyway,

I know where the sign is lol

Yes your right Dave .. well with the 'Probably not' bit anyway,

I know where the sign is lol

It is on Google SV that's where Steve will have seen it, or perhaps he has been there, it is a mystery as Toyah would say

It is on Google SV that's where Steve will have seen it, or perhaps he has been there, it is a mystery as Toyah would say

There use to be access to a bit of fishing just across the road,

you could get through an old gate, but that was well over twenty years ago.

There use to be access to a bit of fishing just across the road,

you could get through an old gate, but that was well over twenty years ago.

Well its not far from a river, so you could be correct, would you really be fishing around there 20 years ago, now perhaps, there again I am not a fisherman

Well its not far from a river, so you could be correct, would you really be fishing around there 20 years ago, now perhaps, there again I am not a fisherman

It was over twenty years ago when I caught fish in that area,

I would say more near thirty now i have thought about it.

Toyah had a speech impediment made worse when she tried to sing. :o

I thought her song was called

"Ith a mytheree" :unsure:

Whatever that means lol

Toyah had a speech impediment made worse when she tried to sing. :o

I thought her song was called

"Ith a mytheree" :unsure:

Whatever that means lol

Yes but she was cute :)

Is this a hidden, cryptic clue?

Was the river so polluted 20 or 30 years ago that either very few fish could survive in it or you just wouldn't want to fish in it or eat any fish you caught for fear of poisoning yourself.

After all Steve went to school with us so he probably was out fishing at the time he states.

I'm going with the Don as the river as this had a reputation for being polluted and then getting cleaned up. Possibly the stretch through our industrial areas, - town through Attercliffe to Tinsley?

Then again, possibly not :(

Is this a hidden, cryptic clue?

Was the river so polluted 20 or 30 years ago that either very few fish could survive in it or you just wouldn't want to fish in it or eat any fish you caught for fear of poisoning yourself.

After all Steve went to school with us so he probably was out fishing at the time he states.

I'm going with the Don as the river as this had a reputation for being polluted and then getting cleaned up. Possibly the stretch through our industrial areas, - town through Attercliffe to Tinsley?

Then again, possibly not :(

Then again possibly not, partly right partly wrong.

River Don is ok

Then again possibly not, partly right partly wrong.

River Don is ok

OK so its Don but not that stretch of River.

I seem to remember that you have recently posted some picyures of Osborne Steel works in the Norfolk thread and a picture of some old bogs on Rutland Road bridge in the Closed Public Toilets thread.

Those old toilets appear to have flushed directly into the river when they were open 20 or 30 years ago

Is this why SteveHB would not have wanted to fish there?

Is this stretch of the Don nearer the mark?

Yes but she was cute :)

and married to Robert Fripp of King Crimson, recently had a buttock-lift operation - Toyah, not Robert lol

and married to Robert Fripp of King Crimson, recently had a buttock-lift operation - Toyah, not Robert lol

I shall make no further comment :)

A"buttock-lift operation" <_<

So someone gave him a wedgie lol