Mystery Location

DaveH

No the gap is to narrow, and you can see more of the site like this

I know that close mesh fencing like that around Norton Aerodrome, and that plastic stuff, and the "double layer" fencing they used around Norfolk School while they were doing it up and it was a building site is impossible to get a camera lens past.

But those railings look wide enough to me.

You can get some really small compact cameras, like those built into mobile phones, these days.

I know that close mesh fencing like that around Norton Aerodrome, and that plastic stuff, and the "double layer" fencing they used around Norfolk School while they were doing it up and it was a building site is impossible to get a camera lens past.

You can get some really small compact cameras, like those built into mobile phones, these days.

A car jack comes in handy sometimes .. :ph34r:

I agree, but I did not have a small compact with me, I have already posted a view without the railings, so I thought this one would be different.

After all this time with the Mystery Location topic, I realise that when people have no idea they resort to ridicule. he he

Anyway, where is this site, used to be a business on a main arterial route into Sheffield, now demolished and shortly to have a change of use, the transport connection is nothing to do with the past business.

Clue for Steve, you can go fishing within 400 yards (roughly)

I agree, but I did not have a small compact with me, I have already posted a view without the railings, so I thought this one would be different.

After all this time with the Mystery Location topic, I realise that when people have no idea they resort to ridicule. he he

Anyway, where is this site, used to be a business on a main arterial route into Sheffield, now demolished and shortly to have a change of use, the transport connection is nothing to do with the past business.

Clue for Steve, you can go fishing within 400 yards (roughly)

It was Abbeydale Garden Center on Abbeydale Road South,

next to Dore Station.

It was Abbeydale Garden Center on Abbeydale Road South,

next to Dore Station.

correct, shortly to become a SYPTE Carpark

I agree, but I did not have a small compact with me

You don't see many people walking about with a wooden, Victorian, full plate wet collodion process camera these days do you? lol

No Stuart,

It's not when people have no idea where the mystery location is that they resort to ridicule because under these conditions we want to learn something new and so are usually quite sensible and keen to know the answer.

Perhaps we resort to ridicule because YOU posted it and me and Steve see it as up for a laugh.

...only getting our own back for some of your responses to OUR offerings. <_<

AND IN ANY CASE

It now appears that Steve DID know where the mystery location was all the time! ;-)

bole holl road / lane, walkley?

Sorry, 3 wrong answers

U/L has the right idea but wrong location

There is a transport connection, that should get Madannie interested

Guest binsted71

Sorry, 3 wrong answers

U/L has the right idea but wrong location

There is a transport connection, that should get Madannie interested

From railway, Jenkin Road maybe?

From railway, Jenkin Road maybe?

Correct, it gingerly walked along most of the wall, luckily cats are good at that sort of thing

Brightside Station

Correct, it gingerly walked along most of the wall, luckily cats are good at that sort of thing

Is it walking "gingerly" because it's a ginger cat? lol

Dragged this topic from the depths today

Unless you know where I have been today you won't guess where, but try guessing what it is, clue the photo was taken today 16/02/2011

The answer is not "A Pile" even though it is

If you guess what, do you know of anymore

Dragged this topic from the depths today

Unless you know where I have been today you won't guess where, but try guessing what it is, clue the photo was taken today 16/02/2011

The answer is not "A Pile" even though it is

If you guess what, do you know of anymore

It looks like the burial mound of a dead snowman.

It looks like the burial mound of a dead snowman.

Correct, or just a pile of old snow, I was surprised to see it, given the length of time its been since we had snow, I would have walked past it if one of the "locals" at Norton hadn't pointed it out.

Are there still any more pile of old snow about

Correct, or just a pile of old snow, I was surprised to see it, given the length of time its been since we had snow, I would have walked past it if one of the "locals" at Norton hadn't pointed it out.

Are there still any more pile of old snow about

Yes, plenty in Greenland, Scandinavia, Siberia and, if you don't mind going a bit further awat, Antarctica.

Yes, plenty in Greenland, Scandinavia, Siberia and, if you don't mind going a bit further awat, Antarctica.

Yes but is this the only snow in Sheffield

Guess where I have been today, unless you know you will never guess!! :blink:

What a rubbish game! :angry:

OK, here's the picture, guess where I have been today.

lol he he

Guess where I have been today, unless you know you will never guess!! :blink:

What a rubbish game! :angry:

OK, here's the picture, guess where I have been today.

lolhe he

I did add

but try guessing what it is

Dean could have guessed where it was