A Quite Difficult Question

RichardB

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Columbia_Place,_Sheffield_-_DSC07498.JPG

Columbia Place is on Suffolk Road

Difficult to believe it is three years ago that Tsavo passed away. He was a good man and a tremendous friend and contributor to this site in the early days. He also loved "AQDQ", so, hopefully here is one for you to play with :

Where did The Particular Baptist Church of Jesus Christ assemble and in what year were they formed please ?

Stopwatch started ...

Difficult to believe it is three years ago that Tsavo passed away. He was a good man and a tremendous friend and contributor to this site in the early days. He also loved "AQDQ", so, hopefully here is one for you to play with :

Where did The Particular Baptist Church of Jesus Christ assemble and in what year were they formed please ?

Stopwatch started ...

Took me less then 60 seconds.

Not difficult enough then, lets see how others that don't have a brain the size of a small planet get on before revealing the answer.

Took me less then 60 seconds.

Difficult to believe it is three years ago that Tsavo passed away. He was a good man and a tremendous friend and contributor to this site in the early days.

I miss the exchange of posts I had with Tsavo in my early days of posting.

He was an inspiration to me to carry on posting (sounds like a comedy film title) on all aspects of local history.

Never afraid to stick my head up and get shot at ...

Fair warning, I didn't come across this online and I've not looked (that's your task, should you take up the challenge).

What place does a "Strelley Pegge" have in Sheffield History ?

Bonus "Sheffileld History House Points" for the most detail. (About the same face value as Green Shield Stamps so don't get too excited).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having had a quick pootle - this is for newer members only - way too easy for the likes of those that frequent this place often - members with 30 posts or less, methinks.

Well nearly a year down the line here is an answer.....So Richard do you want the history of Beauchief Hall and the marriage of Edward Pegge Junior to a Gertrude Strelly, the bride having inherited the Beauchief estate and would later live in Beauchief Hall. The Abbey at Beauchief also came into the family after it was dissolved. A good deal of info is available out there....

Guess MQoS or QV - don't know about the wobble mind you.

Anyone got any ideas ...

Which lady's stay in Sheffield was marked by a bit of a wobble?

That was perhaps the earth tremor that damaged her quarters at Sheffield castle where she was held prisoner? Hello? Are you there Dude?

That was perhaps the earth tremor that damaged her quarters at Sheffield castle where she was held prisoner? Hello? Are you there Dude?

It was indeed the small earthquake the happened during her stay, not sure of what it was on the Richter scale, but it was enough to cause some damage..

Well done RB and Bayleaf for a complete answer.........................

Who provided Winifred Gales with a timely warning about possessing copies of Thomas Paine's Rights of Man (Joseph was away in London) ?

Not bad ! Who he though ?

Thomas Digges was an American who was in England during the American revolution and was a diplomat / spy. He was given money for the benefit of American prisoners of war and seems to have spent at least some of it on himself.

The full story is here:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=thomas%20attwood%20digges&source=web&cd=16&ved=0CHIQFjAP&url=https%3A%2F%2Fojs.libraries.psu.edu%2Findex.php%2Fpmhb%2Farticle%2Fdownload%2F31131%2F30886&ei=j5cnUu-WLMjH7AaiioGoBw&usg=AFQjCNF0nAKkTfWHf_AnNn3_5Afmu8E8jw&bvm=bv.51495398,d.d2k&cad=rja

(or at least one version of the full story)

Politician in modern terms then ?

Thomas Digges was an American who was in England during the American revolution and was a diplomat / spy. He was given money for the benefit of American prisoners of war and seems to have spent at least some of it on himself.

The full story is here:

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=thomas%20attwood%20digges&source=web&cd=16&ved=0CHIQFjAP&url=https%3A%2F%2Fojs.libraries.psu.edu%2Findex.php%2Fpmhb%2Farticle%2Fdownload%2F31131%2F30886&ei=j5cnUu-WLMjH7AaiioGoBw&usg=AFQjCNF0nAKkTfWHf_AnNn3_5Afmu8E8jw&bvm=bv.51495398,d.d2k&cad=rja

(or at least one version of the full story)

No idea if this is difficult or not ! 'Spose it depends on if you know the answer or not.

Charles Peace lived at 5 East Terrace, Evelina Road, Peckham for a while before his life took a rather busy turn for the worse; he was often seen riding in his pony and trap.

So, what was the name of the pony ?

No idea if this is difficult or not ! 'Spose it depends on if you know the answer or not.

Charles Peace lived at 5 East Terrace, Evelina Road, Peckham for a while before his life took a rather busy turn for the worse; he was often seen riding in his pony and trap.

Did it wear a liner?

Tommy....?

Charles Peace indeed have a pony for about six months called Tommy. Great work !

Tommy....?