• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DaveH

• Stuart0742

• SteveHB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Porter Brook emerging briefly in the former Staples car park off Eyre Street. 1949 and 2019.  

Something a bit like this, I think. What was this end of Wilstrop Road appears to now be Shirland Court. Most of the other side roads have gone, and the route of Shirland Lane in the distance has chan

An old one, but I love this comparison. (might take a minute to load the transition fully):

Posted Images

On 31 October 2008 at 21:18, RichardB said:

Nice work, I'm still waiting to know where Wilson Peck were before they were where we all know they were .....

I think they were on Pinstone Street, on the gable end of what is now a Bank, you can still see the painted advert.

boginspro
14 hours ago, tozzin said:

I think they were on Pinstone Street, on the gable end of what is now a Bank, you can still see the painted advert.

You have it tozzin, the place I knew as Timpson's corner, link here about Wilson Peck        ---------------   https://st33.wordpress.com/record-shops/closed/wilson-peck/       

22 hours ago, boginspro said:

You have it tozzin, the place I knew as Timpson's corner, link here about Wilson Peck        ---------------   https://st33.wordpress.com/record-shops/closed/wilson-peck/       

Gable end of what was Wilson Pecks Beethoven House, you can just about read the Wilson Peck name. When they moved into the building on the corner opposite they transferred the name Beethoven House which stood there for years until they closed it was then re-named Yorkshire House.

003.JPG

• Sheffield History changed the title to Sheffield History - Then and Now Discussion Topic
  • 3 years later...
Sheffield History

Good work people - this is good stuff

Sheffield History
On 10/11/2016 at 14:40, kidneystone said:

Chapeltown railway station. Now been moved to the side of the Asda.

Station now and then.JPG

So many train stations now lost 

Sad times

Sheffield History

92367875_10157430532455432_7609502856650948608_n.jpg

92508628_10157430532985432_3834668740285300736_n.jpg

Broad Street - Sheffield City Centre

Calvin72

The Porter Brook emerging briefly in the former Staples car park off Eyre Street.

1949 and 2019.

Bramall Lane bridge 1949.jpg

Bramall Lane Bridge 1949 then and now.jpeg

• Like 2
deejayone

An old one, but I love this comparison. (might take a minute to load the transition fully):

O6hYAdp.gif

• Like 2
Gamal
5 minutes ago, deejayone said:

O6hYAdp.gif

Great comparison. Only a few buildings still standing from the old days. 

Sheffield History

Sheffield.jpg

Could anyone help me place this one and do a 'now' version of where this would be? Photo shows Junction of Wilstrop Road & Shirland Lane, Darnall, Sheffield

Sheffield History

Wilstrop Road Sheffield.jpg

Another view of Wilstrop Road, Darnall if anyone can help place it?

madannie77
5 hours ago, Sheffield History said:

Sheffield.jpg

Could anyone help me place this one and do a 'now' version of where this would be? Photo shows Junction of Wilstrop Road & Shirland Lane, Darnall, Sheffield

Something a bit like this, I think. What was this end of Wilstrop Road appears to now be Shirland Court. Most of the other side roads have gone, and the route of Shirland Lane in the distance has changed.

wilstrop road now.jpg

As it was,with the arrow giving an idea as to where the photographer was looking. Tockwith Road is the road just behind the arrow. From Map 182

wilstrop road then.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...