World Cup Quiz & Trivia

Blacky

Hasn't Viv Richards played both in the cricket and football World Cup matches?

Cricket for the West Indes, - but I can't see him in World Cup football somehow

Which National team would he have played for?

Cricket for the West Indes, - but I can't see him in World Cup football somehow

Which National team would he have played for?

Think he played for Antigua or something like that. Sure I remember reading it in Shoot, although that was many, many years ago!

Think he played for Antigua or something like that. Sure I remember reading it in Shoot, although that was many, many years ago!

If Viv Richards played cricket for the Windies wouldnt he play football for Trinidad & Tobago?

If Viv Richards played cricket for the Windies wouldnt he play football for Trinidad & Tobago?

According to the font of all internet knowledge

Wikipedia

Viv Richards was born in Antigua 7/3/52 , played cricket for the West Indies and also international football for Antigua in the 1974 World Cup Qualifying matches

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viv_Richards

According to the font of all internet knowledge

Wikipedia

Viv Richards was born in Antigua 7/3/52 , played cricket for the West Indies and also international football for Antigua in the 1974 World Cup Qualifying matches

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viv_Richards

Hey I thought at the start of this topic we said that Googling stuff and looking up the answers ont' net were CHEATING

It's a good job you don't do that on Wednesday nights in pub quiz, - We'd get kicked out of the boozer! :o

Hey I thought at the start of this topic we said that Googling stuff and looking up the answers ont' net were CHEATING

It's a good job you don't do that on Wednesday nights in pub quiz, - We'd get kicked out of the boozer! :o

Looking back there are still some unanswered questions in here and the World Cup is almost over for another 4 years.

It already is over for England :angry::(

So, I don't know the answers and I've had a good try

Anyone else going to have a go before they think it's all over,....(it is now!) lol

OK witha bit of cheating you got the Viv Richards answer correct

DaveH got Question 2 right West Germany while winning three World Cups have also lost in three finals.

So just question 3 left, if none has the answer by Sunday after the Final I will post it.

DaveH got Question 2 right West Germany while winning three World Cups have also lost in three finals.

So just question 3 left, if none has the answer by Sunday after the Final I will post it.

So will Germany (I must get out of the habit of constantly calling them WEST germany :rolleyes: )

Lose to Spain and not get as far as this years final

Lose to Holland in the final, making it their fourth World Cup final loss

Beat Holland in the final, making it their fourth world cup win

Come to think of it, haven't Germany got an excellent track record in the World Cup?

They can't be that far behind Brazil in terms of World Cup success.

So, - despite them beating England this year, - good luck to them in their remaining matches ;-)

So will Germany (I must get out of the habit of constantly calling them WEST germany :rolleyes: )

Lose to Spain and not get as far as this years final

Lose to Holland in the final, making it their fourth World Cup final loss

Beat Holland in the final, making it their fourth world cup win

Come to think of it, haven't Germany got an excellent track record in the World Cup?

They can't be that far behind Brazil in terms of World Cup success.

So, - despite them beating England this year, - good luck to them in their remaining matches ;-)

Looks like Germany chose OPTION #1 by losing to Spain and not getting to the final

They still came a very creditable 3rd overall

Now, the answers to those questions.....

OK so it's all over for another four years as Spain become only the eigth country to win the World Cup.

The final answer to the trivia

Q3 What two things were introduced at the 1970 World Cup?

A Substitutes and the use of cards by the referees.

BTW with Holland losing today they now equal the Germans in the answer to question 2 for losing the most finals

OK so it's all over for another four years as Spain become only the eigth country to win the World Cup.

The final answer to the trivia

Q3 What two things were introduced at the 1970 World Cup?

A Substitutes and the use of cards by the referees.

BTW with Holland losing today they now equal the Germans in the answer to question 2 for losing the most finals

Thanks for that mickjj,

As pointed out earlier by Stuart I don't actually like football that much, - but I enjoyed the quiz.

I watched some of the final, reminded me of this! (on the pitch at least!)

A YORKSHIRE referee :blink:

"Hey, nah then little Dutch boy, tha mun tek them wooden clogs off an wear't reight footer boits" lol