John W Howson

mick851

hello Mick,

That MI listing *is* the transcription of a memorial, most likely a gravestone.

You can find some plans at Sheffield Indexers. Click on 'links' in the left hand menu then 'Burials, Obits, Cemeteries', followed by 'Parish & Cemetery Maps' .

There are four plans of Wardsend. You need the first two - a general plan showing you where section Q is, and a key to the numbering in most of the pre 1900 sections, including Q.

Having said that, it still won't be easy to find :unsure:

This may help a bit. If you go up the main path from the river to the railway bridge, you turn left to get to the ramp up to the bridge. Don't cross, continue straight on beside the railway fence. After a while the path will curve to the left and head downhill, back towards the river. After that curve that path forms the boundary between sections M and Q.

Although I have plot plans of a lot of sections I don't have this one. I can say that the following nearby graves have stones with these names:

Q16 HOLROYD

Q21 WATERMAN

Q66 MAWHOOD

Q45 BAGLEY

Q89 STANIFORTH

Hugh

thanks hugh,

found plan of the cemetery

mick

John White's death is proving elusive, I have checked through 1924 - 1956 death index entries, (57 - 89 years old ) so he either died before 57yrs or lived to a ripe old age.

stuart,

I suppose he could have lived to a ripe old age, he's got to be somewhere :unsure: , Ive managed to track the whiles back to 1777, but John While Howson seems to be impossible to track down :blink: i know hes living at Barrack lane in 1911, then.......??????? :huh:

mick

stuart,

I suppose he could have lived to a ripe old age, he's got to be somewhere :unsure: , Ive managed to track the whiles back to 1777, but John While Howson seems to be impossible to track down :blink: i know hes living at Barrack lane in 1911, then.......??????? :huh:

mick

I have checked the indexes upto 1956, that would make him 89 ish, there was not even a John Howson without the 'W'

Still there in the 1925 Dir. gone in the 1948.

just checked and made sure he's not buried with his son ( william Howson ) in Crookes, and he's not :huh:

so some time after 1925 and??????? he died and buried ???????? :huh:

mick

just checked and made sure he's not buried with his son ( william Howson ) in Crookes, and he's not :huh:

so some time after 1925 and??????? he died and buried ???????? :huh:

mick

just had a thought!!!!!!! :blink:

John While Howson wife is called Mary, she's born in 1868, i wonder if he is buried in the same grave????? :huh:

now the million dollar question is........when did she die and where is she buried? :unsure:

mick

just had a thought!!!!!!! :blink:

John While Howson wife is called Mary, she's born in 1868, i wonder if he is buried in the same grave????? :huh:

now the million dollar question is........when did she die and where is she buried? :unsure:

mick

John W Howson aged 91

Quarter 4 1958

Sheffield 2D 141

I think this is our man, as to where he is buried that's the next problem, his death certificate should give his address, that might give a clue

John W Howson aged 91

Quarter 4 1958

Sheffield 2D 141

I think this is our man, as to where he is buried that's the next problem, his death certificate should give his address, that might give a clue

thanks stuart,

sent off for his birth certificate this morning, going to take 3 weeks to get it :rolleyes:

i'll phone crem in morning, see if they can locate which cemetery hes in and if their is anyone else in the grave

mick

thanks stuart,

sent off for his birth certificate this morning, going to take 3 weeks to get it :rolleyes:

i'll phone crem in morning, see if they can locate which cemetery hes in and if their is anyone else in the grave

mick

Delivery times always increase when "Who do you Think you are" is on the telly.

Elizabeth While married John Howson JAS 1861 Sheffield Vol.9c page 331, he died June 1873 at Sheffield

a puzzle :huh:

just got john while howson birth certificate, says on it, john while howson born 23rd april 1867, parents names are john howson , occupation table knife hafter, and elizabeth howson ( nee while ),they live at 153 porter street , here's the puzzle.... in 1871 census john while 3 years old is living at his aunts, his mother is a lodger at 50 wheeldon lane ??? ( looks like wheeldon lane on census ) and she is still classed as married, and she is a warehouse woman. by 1881 she is living at sorby street, with her son, john while howson, she is the head of the house. but she is still listed as married, so where was john howson? we know in 1867 he was a table hafter, why was john while howson living at his aunts? why was elizabeth a lodger? and if john howson died in 1873, why is elizabeth still listed as married???? :blink:

any info would be welcome,

thanks mick

a puzzle :huh:

just got john while howson birth certificate, says on it, john while howson born 23rd april 1867, parents names are john howson , occupation table knife hafter, and elizabeth howson ( nee while ),they live at 153 porter street , here's the puzzle.... in 1871 census john while 3 years old is living at his aunts, his mother is a lodger at 50 wheeldon lane ??? ( looks like wheeldon lane on census ) and she is still classed as married, and she is a warehouse woman. by 1881 she is living at sorby street, with her son, john while howson, she is the head of the house. but she is still listed as married, so where was john howson? we know in 1867 he was a table hafter, why was john while howson living at his aunts? why was elizabeth a lodger? and if john howson died in 1873, why is elizabeth still listed as married???? :blink:

any info would be welcome,

thanks mick

Given the way census info was collected, perhaps in 1881 she just answered the question wrong or the enumerator recorded it wrongly, perhaps just assumed she was married.

As to the 1871 and why she was a lodger with her son, perhaps John Howson, given that he died in 1873 was in some sort of institution and possibly died there. His death cert might give a clue

Given the way census info was collected, perhaps in 1881 she just answered the question wrong or the enumerator recorded it wrongly, perhaps just assumed she was married.

As to the 1871 and why she was a lodger with her son, perhaps John Howson, given that he died in 1873 was in some sort of institution and possibly died there. His death cert might give a clue

just re-read some of what ive wrote,and should have said, john while howson at the age of 3 is living at his aunts, at 18 florence street, john while howson's mother is lodging at a house in wheeldon lane

mick

just re-read some of what ive wrote,and should have said, john while howson at the age of 3 is living at his aunts, at 18 florence street, john while lawson's mother is lodging at a house in wheeldon lane

mick

I think im starting to go round in circles with john Howson, just had another go at tracking him down through the census, he died in 1873 aged 40, so really it shouldnt be too difficult, or so i thought! :( i know he married elizabeth while, i know they lived at 153 porter street and had a son john while howson in 1867, and i still cant find him or who else lived in that house at that time. who would have thought trying to trace your family tree would be a nightmare :(

mick

ps, if anyone knows the answer to the above, thank you :rolleyes:

I think im starting to go round in circles with john Howson, just had another go at tracking him down through the census, he died in 1873 aged 40, so really it shouldnt be too difficult, or so i thought! :( i know he married elizabeth while, i know they lived at 153 porter street and had a son john while howson in 1867, and i still cant find him or who else lived in that house at that time. who would have thought trying to trace your family tree would be a nightmare :(

mick

ps, if anyone knows the answer to the above, thank you :rolleyes:

His death cert should give a clue to where he was living at the time of death, other than that we are only guessing, afraid it may be another £7 <_<

His death cert should give a clue to where he was living at the time of death, other than that we are only guessing, afraid it may be another £7 <_<

thanks stuart,

going to get john howson and john while howson's death certs later this week. never staight forward is it, trying to do your family tree? :blink:

thanks mick