Please could anyone help with ....

Tuffty

Is anyone able to give me a lead, or steer, on where I could source some early /mid 20th Cent black & white pictures for framing and displaying of trams and pre-War City centre images? .. 18" x 12" very approx.

I'm particularly interested in trams.

Thanks,

Ian Tufft
(in exile since 1973)

Have you thought about Sheffield tram prints by Peter Owen Jones ?   very atmospheric and would look good anywhere.  He was brilliant and there is a thread on here somewhere about Peter.

7 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Have you thought about Sheffield tram prints by Peter Owen Jones ?   very atmospheric and would look good anywhere.  He was brilliant and there is a thread on here somewhere about Peter.

Link to Peter Owen Jones:

https://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/topic/5271-peter-owen-jones-sheffield-artist/#elControls_31438_menu

I've got four B&W framed photos of old Sheffield which I want to sell, three of them feature trams. Abbey Lane, Fitzalan Square, High Street, and the other one is of Stones' Cannon Brewery with the brewery horses.

A couple of suggestions below, although most are postcard size. I gues you could get them copied to a larger size, though?

Sheffield Transport Study Group has tram (and bus) photos available to members from time to time, and some appear in their quarterly Journal.
Another option is to look on e-bay - there are always lots of them. Woody-iow seems to have a particularly good stock of ones from the early days of the system.

If you need any framing done I definitely recommend Momento in Attercliffe. It's so much cheaper than anywhere else and he does a great job.

It's in the old post office up the side of the Banners Building.