10,000+ For Daveh

RichardB

A Big Cheer for DaveH and his 10,000th post.

Tremendous work Bloke !

When you get to 10 thousand posts, does your counter take a rest for a while 'cos DaveH's post count has been stuck on 10,003 for a while now.

Only asking.

Bonus point-----------Who was it "who only asked"

Well done DaveH :rolleyes: .

HD

Edit Does your post count stay the same if you just reply to a post ?

When you get to 10 thousand posts, does your counter take a rest for a while 'cos DaveH's post count has been stuck on 10,003 for a while now.

Only asking.

HD

Thanks HD

I can assure you that my post count has only stopped on 10003 for the last hour or so while I have been having a bite to eat and a cup of coffee.

No of course it doesn't, your reply is the next post in the topic and so counts as a new post.

It's still a new post that counts even if you reply to one of your own earlier posts.

DaveH is "staff" and expected to work hard, he's earned £40,000 this year for Arbourthorne posts alone !

I was promised a cash bonus by Admin for 500, 1,000, 5,000, 10,000 and 20,000 - I'm still waiting, it'll be great when it arrives though - might get myself some teabags as we're running low ...

Only asking.

HD

You're not far off the 1,000 mark yourself - which is a great input - much appreciated all your good work.

Only asking.

HD

No of course it doesn't, your reply is the next post in the topic and so counts as a new post.

It's still a new post that counts even if you reply to one of your own earlier posts.

I still dont understand :wacko: DaveH had 6 posts in the "Great "Robbery" escapade which were all marked as 10,003, now those same 6 posts are all marked at 10,007.

I think I'll go to bed :blink:

HD

DaveH is "staff" and expected to work hard, he's earned £40,000 this year for Arbourthorne posts alone !

I was promised a cash bonus by Admin for 500, 1,000, 5,000, 10,000 and 20,000 - I'm still waiting, it'll be great when it arrives though - might get myself some teabags as we're running low ...

If I could earn £40,000 a year for making posts about a Sheffield housing estate then I could afford to give up the day job (teaching) and just make posts about the Arbourthorne

He has "special powers", in fact he's only ever made 73 posts,he's just very clever at editing and fiddling his expenses. he he

I still dont understand :wacko: DaveH had 6 posts in the "Great "Robbery" escapade which were all marked as 10,003, now those same 6 posts are all marked at 10,007.

HD

HD

I think I am with you now hilldweller.

The post counter does not number your posts sequentially so that each has a different number dependent upon the order in which it was made.

The post counter is merely a tally of the total number of posts made and so all your posts carry the same number, they all increase every time a post is made, even on your very first post.

So after I made my 10003 post earlier tonight, regardless of which topic and where that post may have been, all my posts would record 10003.

Later on when you looked back I had made 4 additional posts, regardless of where they are on the site, so they all went up to 10007.

When I press the post button for this reply they will all go up to 10008, and 10009 if I make another post after.

So, every post I've made, even from March 2007 will show 20,012 once I hit post on this message, the counter will go up on all my posts if I make another.

I think I am with you now hilldweller.

The post counter does not number your posts sequentially so that each has a different number dependent upon the order in which it was made.

The post counter is merely a tally of the total number of posts made and so all your posts carry the same number, they all increase every time a post is made, even on your very first post.

So after I made my 10003 post earlier tonight, regardless of which topic and where that post may have been, all my posts would record 10003.

Later on when you looked back I had made 4 additional posts, regardless of where they are on the site, so they all went up to 10007.

When I press the post button for this reply they will all go up to 10008, and 10009 if I make another post after.

So, every post I've made, even from March 2007 will show 20,012 once I hit post on this message, the counter will go up on all my posts if I make another.

Correct

All your posts carry the same number, it is after all just a tally of the total number of posts made, just as it appears in the todays top posters list and overall posts lists

It would be nice if it did number each post ordinally 1, 2, 3, ....etc as then you would be able to trace back the order you made the posts in. However, there are other ways of doing this, if you particularly want to, using your personal profile page and selecting to view "all posts" which then presents them in the order they were made, newest first.

I think I'd worked it out ! Just clarifying the situation for HD; maybe I should have mentioned that ! he he

Correct

All your posts carry the same number, it is after all just a tally of the total number of posts made, just as it appears in the todays top posters list and overall posts lists

It would be nice if it did number each post ordinally 1, 2, 3, ....etc as then you would be able to trace back the order you made the posts in. However, there are other ways of doing this, if you particularly want to, using your personal profile page and selecting to view "all posts" which then presents them in the order they were made, newest first.

You must be getting paid for that banner of yours !

If I could earn £40,000 a year for making posts about a Sheffield housing estate then I could afford to give up the day job (teaching) and just make posts about the Arbourthorne

Bernard Breslaw :)

Well Done That Man, You Deserve a Peppermint.

That was a quote from an old form teacher of mine. Unfortunately he didn't mean a nice tasting sweetie, but rather a swift clip around the lug-hole.

HD

Well done Dave, ten out of ten! You are about on par with our Mr Cornthwaite, over his 35 years or so he must have topped the 10,000 mark, though they were strokes of his cane. A very good teacher though if you behaved yourself. W/e.

Well done Dave, ten out of ten! You are about on par with our Mr Cornthwaite, over his 35 years or so he must have topped the 10,000 mark, though they were strokes of his cane. A very good teacher though if you behaved yourself. W/e.

Which school would that have been?

We had a Mr Cornthwaite at our school having said that there were two of them, brothers.

Which school would that have been?

We had a Mr Cornthwaite at our school having said that there were two of them, brothers.

Same one as yours, Chaucer. W/E.

You must be getting paid for that banner of yours !

I sort of "borrowed" that banner from Arbourthorne Community Church and The Miracle Trust which is based at the Spires Centre (formerly Hurlfield / Myrtle Springs school) on East Bank Road.

Their website is http://www.miracle.org.uk/

I sort of liked their banner and photographed it when it was on the old school railings and used it as mt own signature.

I suppose that I could claim I give them a lot of advertising on here and that they should pay me for it.

But then they would probably say that I stole the banner from them.

Only 10 out of 10?

I thought I had done 10,000 out of 10,000 lol

Now 35 years of teaching is approximately 7000 school days after taking out weekends and school holiday

That's an average of only about 1.5 strokes of the cane per day.

As many kids got "6 of the best" and he was dishing them out 6 at a time that works out at one kid being caned in about a week

Surely a "prolific caner" can do better than that :(

In my, currently, 33 and a bit years of teaching so far (at Christmas I had just completed 100 terms, - a "century", 100 not out!) I have never caned a kid.

When I started teaching caning was still allowed, but only by senior members of staff who had to do it officially, witnessed and recorded in a punishment book.

There was a rule that no teacher who had been qualified and teaching for less than 4 years could use the cane.

In my 4th year of teaching, just as I reached the end of this limitation legislation was brought in banning the use of corporal punishment in all schools.

Rather than consider this as a sad loss on my part, especially when stood in front of a class misbehaving teenagers, it was of course the right thing for the Government to do. Hitting kids can never be right can it? It is after all nothing more than common assalt. OK we got caned as kids and there was the attitude that "It didn't do us any harm" and OK in the long run it didn't, but it didn't do us any good either did it.