Happy 300Th Birthday

RichardB

300th Birthday for ... ?

Just for amusement, I'll do my best to answer questions a la "What's My Line" rather than giving clues.

Yes. I'm not particularly famous in my own right; very close by though, that's a different matter (a few hundred feet). I pre-date the famous place and outlasted it.

Something to do with steel production ? Or Steam?

No - ish and Yes - ish.

Nothing to do with Thomas Newcomen and a steam engine then.

I am a 300 year old service structure, well connected and hundreds of feet from a well known Sheffield building(s) which I pre-date and outlasted. I was in one specific location (although others of me existed and still do). I'm not connected to steel per se, but have a connection to steam. I had great foundations, well rounded walls and no roof; I may even still exist.

Damn, that's a lot of clues.

99% of the most knowledgeable people on this site would struggle to associate a named individual with my creation. (RichardB included, but then, he's a buffoon).

Nothing to do with Thomas Newcomen and a steam engine then.

Oh, good grief, get a grip ! Service, structure, well-connected, may have something to do with steam, has a floor, walls but no roof - sounds more like a frying pan than a castle ! he he

Stop horsing around !

Anything to do with a castle

I can "move" but not "locomote". I was never alive, but contained one of the fundamentals of life.

300th Birthday for ... ?

Just for amusement, I'll do my best to answer questions a la "What's My Line" rather than giving clues.

If someone doesn't get this soon I'll be writing to Barack and Cleo at their home addresses.

300th Birthday for ... ?

Go on then, I'll bite, how about the White House Dam, Replaced by a brewery, then a window frame factory, then a scrap yard and now derilict.

Langsett Road/Whitehouse Lane.

HD

edit.

The Great Dam by the other White House at Crookesmoor isn't that old I think.