Sheffield Home Guard Question

Not sure exactly what I have, but it appears to be Home Guard related, its a hand written diary of sorts which seems to list (just officers?) people from what I assume is the Sheffield Home Guard. I can't remember if I got it via Ebay or a car boot, but anyway heres one of the pages that lists the Hillsboro entries, the other thought I had on it was AA batteries.

According to the National Archives website,

3. The Home Guard

The Home Guard (originally called the Local Defence Volunteers) was set up in May 1940 to defend the Home Front and to assist in the repelling of any invasion. The Home Guard was never tested by an invasion and it operated under inevitable constraints. However, it made an important contribution to the defence of the British Isles. The Home Guard was instructed to "stand down" at the end of 1944. Information from Home Guard personal records and enrolment forms are only available to those who served, or to next of kin, from Army Personnel Centre, Historic Disclosures, Mailpoint 400, Kentigern House, 65 Brown Street, Glasgow, G2 8EX, telephone 0845 600 9663. Records of local proceedings are kept in some local record offices. Policy papers relating to the Home Guard may be found in The National Archives among the following series:

Cabinet Office Historical Section Files (Archivist and Librarian Series) CAB 106

Ministry of Defence Secretariat Files CAB 120

Ministry of Home Security Air Raid Precautions Registered Files 1931-1957 HO 186

Intelligence Branch Registered Files 1939-1950 HO 199

Prime Minister's Office Operational Papers PREM 3

War Office Registered Papers WO 32 Code 66

Reports and Miscellaneous Papers WO 33

War Office Council and Army Council Records WO 163 War Diaries Home Forces 1939-1945 WO 166

Military Head Quarters Papers Home Forces 1939-1945 WO 199

Periodicals Southern Region Home Guard 1941-1945 ZPER 96

Not sure exactly what I have, but it appears to be Home Guard related, its a hand written diary of sorts which seems to list (just officers?) people from what I assume is the Sheffield Home Guard. I can't remember if I got it via Ebay or a car boot, but anyway heres one of the pages that lists the Hillsboro entries, the other thought I had on it was AA batteries.

Interesting thought Richard. Particularly after 1943 when the invasion threat was passed, quite a few of the Home Guard were transferred to AA batteries. I know of one person who was in the HG in Sheffield who served at the AA rocket battery at Shirecliffe.

The top word on the second page you attatched in post 29 definitely says 'Blitz'. Is there no indication on the title page or anywhere else as to what it could be?