Grimesthope Wesleyan Football Club 1898

dunsbyowl1867

Recognise anyone ? I suspect one or two ended up in the trenches?

Hi Dunsbyowl, Thanks so much for this photo. Hope you will approve me posting it on the Grimesthorpe Forum site in the hope someone may know whether the team belonged to Wesley Hall Chapel or the Wincobabnk Lane Wesleyan Chapel furtrher up the roas.

John

Hi Dunsbyowl, Thanks so much for this photo. Hope you will approve me posting it on the Grimesthorpe Forum site in the hope someone may know whether the team belonged to Wesley Hall Chapel or the Wincobabnk Lane Wesleyan Chapel furtrher up the roas.

John

No that would be great and let us know John!

John

I'd like a link to the Grimesthorpe Forum site; and every other Sheffield suburb site please - and for that matter any, and all Sheffield sites.

I'd like a link to the Grimesthorpe Forum site; and every other Sheffield suburb site please - and for that matter any, and all Sheffield sites.

The very extensive Grimesthorpe thread is on the Sheffield Forum site http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/; then go to Sheffield History & Expats page; I have put a post on about the 1898 photo here http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=470109&page=135

On the same Sheffield History & Expats section there are many threads for diferent parts of Sheffield eg Atterclffe, Pitsmoor etc. The easiet way to find one is to do a search.

They are all discussion forums but tend to have quite a lot of history in them . The problem is that each thread is so extensive ( Grimesthorpe is now on page 136 & it had an ecven longer one earlier !) so it can be difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff