Blake Hotel To Re-Open

RichardB

I hear it is James Birkett behind the Blake's reopening.

He's an ex-landlord of the New Barrack Tavern and he now has the Sheaf View

I hear it is James Birkett behind the Blake's reopening.

He's an ex-landlord of the New Barrack Tavern and he now has the Sheaf View

Didn't someone buy it and have it all knocked into living quarters?

I wonder if the cellar is still the beer cellar?

Not heard about that UkeLass - I'll ask James if he knows anything about that when I see him next.

Cellars have been dug out, foundations re-laid. Floors replaced.

I hear the Blake is now open again and they have a good selection of different beers

including hand pulled scrumpy cider , my favourite. :blink:

Some good feedback from the Blake Hotel. It's nice to know they have kept the small individual rooms

and didn't have it all knocked into one as the trend seemed to be. I think this killed a lot of traditional

pubs.

Also " No children allowed " which is how it used to be. I agree with that because young couples

pay for babysitters so they can have a night out on their own only to be harrassed then by other peoples

kids in the pub. Since when did the law change? You could never take children in pubs under 14 unless

they were having a meal.

Good luck to James Birkett , I hope the locals give him plenty of custom. :)

Guest livingstone

Any reports/progress/pictures please ?

I drink in there frequently. Fantastic place it is. Huge selection of whisky and a very good selection of real ale.

They've kept it very traditional and along with the Bath Hotel, is somewhere I'm proud to be a regular.

I drink in there frequently. Fantastic place it is. Huge selection of whisky and a very good selection of real ale.

They've kept it very traditional and along with the Bath Hotel, is somewhere I'm proud to be a regular.

Great news, would be nice if the owners could provide pictures, updates etc that we could post here (before, during AND after !).

I was born at Jessop (like everyone else), but we lived at 30 Upperthorpe, which must be pretty close ...

Not sure I ever remember having a pint in The Blake, I left Sheffield in 1981, I must have ... surely ....

I did go missing, aged about 3 years - looking for my Dad, was found with cousin "Gilly the Fish" aged two and a half, at The Blake.

Do the current owners have access to any history, I wonder ? From Leases, documents, pictures ?