1957 Ryder Cup At Lindrick

Guest saint

Does anybody remember anything about the 1957 Ryder Cup at Lindrick? I'm doing some research into the subject and looking for any memories, flashbacks, however trivial, from anyone who was there in any capacity.

Does anybody remember anything about the 1957 Ryder Cup at Lindrick? I'm doing some research into the subject and looking for any memories, flashbacks, however trivial, from anyone who was there in any capacity.

With my remarkable sporting knowledge I've now worked out that you are talking Golf here !

Sir Stuart Goodwin, a Yorkshire industrialist, donated 10,000 (pounds) to finance the British Ryder Cup Team and was invited to nominate the venue. Goodwin chose Lindrick Golf Club.

Source

Pictures

Sir Stuart Goodwin, a Yorkshire industrialist, donated 10,000 (pounds) to finance the British Ryder Cup Team and was invited to nominate the venue. Goodwin chose Lindrick Golf Club.

Dai Rees was the Captain...Captains: Jack Burke (US), Dai Rees (GB)

GB 7 ½ - USA 4 ½

John R.M. Jacobs OBE (born 14 March 1925) is an English professional golfer, coach, entrepreneur, writer and administrator. He was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame in 2000.

Jacobs was born in Lindrick, Yorkshire. He was the son of a golf professional and had a moderately successful tournament career on the European circuit in the pre-European Tour era. He won both the Dutch Open and the South African Professional Match Play Championship in 1957, two years after making his one appearance in the Ryder Cup