Sheffield Boys Working Home Broomspring Lane

popt

I am trying to find out when my ancestor Thomas Glossop lived at the Sheffield Boys Working Home in Broomspring Lane Sheffield circa 1897.

I know he started working at Warby's Grocers in 1898 and was in the home before then but do not know when.

Are there any way I can see a list of the boys living there, were registers or records kept, or even annual reports and are they still available?

Help would be appreciated either ingformation or advice.

PopT

I am trying to find out when my ancestor Thomas Glossop lived at the Sheffield Boys Working Home in Broomspring Lane Sheffield circa 1897.

I know he started working at Warby's Grocers in 1898 and was in the home before then but do not know when.

Are there any way I can see a list of the boys living there, were registers or records kept, or even annual reports and are they still available?

Help would be appreciated either ingformation or advice.

PopT

A vague possibility it may have been one of the homes belonging to the Fir Vale Workhouse see www.workhouses.org.uk Type Sheffield in the search box and click on number 4 option. It tells more about the homes there although Broomspring is not mentioned as the ones mentioned are later ones. There are some records in the Sheff Archives for this time period of children in the homes e.g. name, dob, reason for admission, weight, religion, n.o.k. etc.

Lyn