Fao Of Dean - Trefcon

dunsbyowl1867

I thought the same Dunsby

I took the liberty of ringing the bloke to reserve it on Dean's behalf.

Unfortunately just the answerphone but I've left my number and hopefully he'll reply.

Found his land-line as well and left a message there also.

Fingers crossed

I thought the same Dunsby

I took the liberty of ringing the bloke to reserve it on Dean's behalf.

Unfortunately just the answerphone but I've left my number and hopefully he'll reply.

Found his land-line as well and left a message there also.

Fingers crossed

Well done Vox ! Couldn't have a better home!

Guest Trefcon

Amazing, i never buy the Star but did tonight! I did ring him but he had a call from the York & Lancs museum and has donated it to them. So went to a good home in the end.

Thank you for thinking of me and going out of your way to ring him, thanks Vox.

Dean.

I was and remain unimpressed by the Yorks Lanks museum.

I haven't been for a long time but to cut a very long story short my dad and I donated my grandad's MM, along with the original battlefield commendation from his CO, to them many years ago on the understanding that we could see it anytime we wanted. It was also going to be put on display and they said they'd contact us when it was. Never contacted us and when my dad asked to see it they "couldn't find it, at the moment"

Guest Trefcon

Shocking that Vox, very unprofessional. Have you since been back to ask again ? And would you remind me who your grandfather was again ?

I once found some single (2" x 2" ) black and white negatives, plus one glass negative from around 1900, about 50 in total, under the floor boards in a bungalow i was demolishing. I had some of the negatives developed and handed the lot over to local studies with my contact details etc. On going back to have all the negatives developed they seem to be 'lost' ! I have asked two or tree times for a search but to no avail. Very disapointed, as i would have put the images on here with a view to any one claiming them as theirs.

Dean.

Shocking that Vox, very unprofessional. Have you since been back to ask again ? And would you remind me who your grandfather was again ?

I once found some single (2" x 2" ) black and white negatives, plus one glass negative from around 1900, about 50 in total, under the floor boards in a bungalow i was demolishing. I had some of the negatives developed and handed the lot over to local studies with my contact details etc. On going back to have all the negatives developed they seem to be 'lost' ! I have asked two or tree times for a search but to no avail. Very disapointed, as i would have put the images on here with a view to any one claiming them as theirs.

Dean.

PM'd