Who's Address ?

Guest whatever

Guest whatever

Hi ,

My grt grt grandfather William P Calaby lived at Carlisle Street but died at 41 Gleadless Townend .

I cannot locate anything to tell me who lived there.

Probably because of the war ?

Has anyone any ideas where I could find anything / look next ?

There is no info regarding this on his Death Certificate , the informant being his daughter who lived with him anyway.

Regards

Sue

Hi ,

My grt grt grandfather William P Calaby lived at Carlisle Street but died at 41 Gleadless Townend .

There is no info regarding this on his Death Certificate , the informant being his daughter who lived with him anyway.

Regards

Sue

As far as I'm aware Sue, Gleadless Town End is/was not a road. It's the area around the junction of Gleadless Road, Ridgeway Road and White Lane.

The numbers on Gleadless Road at Town End are very high in the (8 and 900's), so it won't have been that.

Number 41, Gleadless Rd, if there was one, would be right down at Heeley Bottom.

Gleadless Drive, Gleadless Avenue and Gleadless Bank are all more or less at Gleadless Town End. It could be one of them.

There's also a Gleadless Common, but that's a bit further away.

Guest whatever

As far as I'm aware Sue, Gleadless Town End is/was not a road. It's the area around the junction of Gleadless Road, Ridgeway Road and White Lane.

The numbers on Gleadless Road at Town End are very high in the (8 and 900's), so it won't have been that.

Number 41, Gleadless Rd, if there was one, would be right down at Heeley Bottom.

Gleadless Drive, Gleadless Avenue and Gleadless Bank are all more or less at Gleadless Town End. It could be one of them.

Sorry forgot to put the year, 1915 , does that make any difference ?

regards

Sue

Hi ,

Regards

Sue

Could it have been the address of one of his other daughters.

Guest whatever

Could it have been the address of one of his other daughters.

Hi Neddy

Have located all his children , only two lived in the area one on Grassthorpe Road and the other at Intake on Woodhouse Road.

Regards

Sue

Back you up on this one vox, absolutely spot on.

Norton Avenue joins Ridgeway Road at Gleadless Townend, although they were not connected at the time in question, the "link" piece of road being built in the 1930's.

I am not sure of the numbering of properties on Norton Avenue at townend.