Co Sergeant George Morley & Seargent Arthur Morley & Private Ernest Morley

Guest HAYLEY MORLEY

Guest HAYLEY MORLEY

Dear Dean

I write on behalf of my father Mr Jack Morley who recently read your article in the Sheffield Star, please excuse me now if I get any spellings etc wrong.

My father in looking for any information especially photos of members of his late family, I have put below the information I have:-

CSM George Morley (my fathers uncle) he was in the A Company York & Lancs Regiment, he was killed in April 1918 aged 31 and burried at La Clyte military cemetry, co number 2404494. (my father has visited such cemetry)

Seargent Arthur Morley (my fathers grandfather) killed November 1917 aged 27, still missing, he his on the memorial to the missing at Louver Val and his co number was 240891, he served in the 2nd & 5th Battallion Yorks & Lancs Regiment.

Private Ernest Morley Co number 26397, served in 2nd Battallion York & Lancs regiment, died October 1916 aged 21, still missing, he his also on the memorial of the missing Theat Val.

All these men were from Rotherham South Yorkshire, as mentioned before my dad has visited both Belgium & France to find out further information.

We would really like to obtain any photos/cuttings regarding the above we have one small photo of Seargent Arthur Morley.

Any information anybody could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards

Hayley Morley

Guest Trefcon

Hello Hayley and welcome.

I'm afraid i cant help you with any records or images of your relatives, i only have info on Sheffield men. Places you might want to check are Rotherham local studies for the newspapers of the day. Also Ancestry for any service papers and medal index cards.

Sorry, not much help there at all !

regards

Dean