Leader's Transcription Of The Cutlers Company Apprenticeship/freedom Records.

Guest Gramps

Guest Gramps

I called in Local Studies on Saturday to do a look-up for someone in Leader's apprenticeship and freedom records, and all the while I had this nagging feeling I had seen these available on-line at some time. There was nothing to be found in my bookmarks file to I went a-Googling and after a while I found the link to Eric Youle's site

http://history.youle.info/index_cut.html

These are quite low resolution B/W scans but readable even with my fading eyesight and the whole listing is here together with the key to abbreviations used in the lists.

The one caveat about these records is that some boys, apprenticed to their fathers who were freemen of the Cutlers Compnay do not appear in the records, as there was no compulsion for registration in those circumstances.

Guest karentrinder

I called in Local Studies on Saturday to do a look-up for someone in Leader's apprenticeship and freedom records, and all the while I had this nagging feeling I had seen these available on-line at some time. There was nothing to be found in my bookmarks file to I went a-Googling and after a while I found the link to Eric Youle's site

http://history.youle.info/index_cut.html

These are quite low resolution B/W scans but readable even with my fading eyesight and the whole listing is here together with the key to abbreviations used in the lists.

The one caveat about these records is that some boys, apprenticed to their fathers who were freemen of the Cutlers Compnay do not appear in the records, as there was no compulsion for registration in those circumstances.

Thanks for this link - very useful (I hope!) lol

http://history.youle.../index_cut.html

Looks very interesting Gramps, I need time to have a good look at that quality "Youle/Leader" work.

Thank you.

SheffieldHistory Update by Mobile

he he

Styring information passed onto Vox via mobile, a new service £17.99 a minute but don't tell Vox !!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

This is a jest; all is free as always.