Used To Live ?

Guest The Nortons

Guest The Nortons

Hi,our first post,so a short one.

Places i remember where we have lived.

Easiest for me as i lived there between the ages of 6yrs (1976) untill i was ten, (Nov 1979) was number 67 Leader road,it was opposite leader road garage, I remember mostly of playing on our scooter and pedal riding down the asphalt potholed lane between the backyards and recall outside toilet blocks?

I attended Malin Bridge School, I remember seperate school gates and entrance doors for boys and girls ?

Before Leader road i lived at number 9 Burdalls Buildings, or Barracks as it was before Burdalls.

My mum worked at Burdalls,i think she was something to do with packing? after that she worked at Swann Mortons.

Does anyone have any stories of any places i have mentioned?

Ta rah for now.

Hi,our first post,so a short one.

Places i remember where we have lived.

Easiest for me as i lived there between the ages of 6yrs (1976) untill i was ten, (Nov 1979) was number 67 Leader road,it was opposite leader road garage, I remember mostly of playing on our scooter and pedal riding down the asphalt potholed lane between the backyards and recall outside toilet blocks?

I attended Malin Bridge School, I remember seperate school gates and entrance doors for boys and girls ?

Before Leader road i lived at number 9 Burdalls Buildings, or Barracks as it was before Burdalls.

My mum worked at Burdalls,i think she was something to do with packing? after that she worked at Swann Mortons.

Does anyone have any stories of any places i have mentioned?

Ta rah for now.

Hi, and Welcome to the Site.

Just one former resident from me :

Henry Pearce, Attendant at the Asylum, 67 Leader Road, 1893.

Hope we can find more for you.

Guest The Nortons

Hi, and Welcome to the Site.

Just one former resident from me :

Henry Pearce, Attendant at the Asylum, 67 Leader Road, 1893.

Hope we can find more for you.

Hello.

Was the asylum the building at the bottom of the hill, just past the corner after you turn up the road from Middlewood ?

I can remember our Mum saying to us, that if we were naughty that was where we would be sent, we were told it was a home for naughty Kids ?

Could you reply with any info for the Barracks around the times we lived there, i was a little too young to fully remember much, i can remember walking along the cold landings to the laundry room to wash pots.

Sunday night was bath night, so another trip along the landings.

We don`t happen to have any photies of those times, so any info could jog memories

Ta for now.

Craig Norton.

Asylum was Middlewood Hospital, South Yorkshire Lunatic Asylum and probably lots of other names - hopefully a "Link Fairy" will be along real soon to show us the way ...