Walter Emmerson

Guest banksia

Guest banksia

I am trying to trace any living relatives of Walter Emmerson born 1880/81 according to the 1901 census. His occupation was listed as a drapers assistant. He had a mother and sister called Sevilla the sister being five years older and her occupation listed as a dressmaker. There was also a brother George H Emmerson who was eight years younger. According to records they were all born at Scholes Kimberworth. I think Walter died aged 38 so my search was been halted at that point. I live in Australia so this also hmapers my search. I would be grateful for any information on living relatives of this family.

I have tried looking at the various members of your family. Have you found them in 1901? If not the census page for that is attached. I cannot find an entry in the 1911 census for any members of the family, although I think they must have been there as I have found the death of the elder Sevilla aged 80 in March qtr 1916 at Rotherham. I cannot find a marriage for any of the children - have you? I can't find an entry for young Savilla in any emigration record either.

This probably doesn't help much but best of luck.

John

Guest banksia

I have tried looking at the various members of your family. Have you found them in 1901? If not the census page for that is attached. I cannot find an entry in the 1911 census for any members of the family, although I think they must have been there as I have found the death of the elder Sevilla aged 80 in March qtr 1916 at Rotherham. I cannot find a marriage for any of the children - have you? I can't find an entry for young Savilla in any emigration record either.

This probably doesn't help much but best of luck.

John

Yes, I found all of the information I currently have in the 1901 census. Like yourself, I came to a full stop after that because I couldn't find anymore records. Thank you for your time, I appreciate it.

Banksia

Have you tried searching the 1911 census for the address they lived at in 1901? I don't have a 1911 subsciption but someone may do it for you if you ask. Maybe put an entry on the Sheffield indexers site at http://www.sheffieldindexers.com/ and/or Sheffield FHS at http://www.sheffieldfhs.org.uk/

If young Savilla was married it was before 1916 as she definatley not in the transposed records which are on ancestry from 1916 onwards. I have found the death record for who is presumed to be Walter in 1919 - have you bought the certificate ? That would provide useful info on address, who notified death ( would be wife if he married) etc.

I am trying to trace any living relatives of Walter Emmerson born 1880/81 according to the 1901 census. His occupation was listed as a drapers assistant. He had a mother and sister called Sevilla the sister being five years older and her occupation listed as a dressmaker. There was also a brother George H Emmerson who was eight years younger. According to records they were all born at Scholes Kimberworth. I think Walter died aged 38 so my search was been halted at that point. I live in Australia so this also hmapers my search. I would be grateful for any information on living relatives of this family.

Hi

I am connected to the Bagnall family, who also connect, through the Mirfin family to the Emmerson family, and believe that Walter died in 1919 in Rotherham.

Several of us connected to the site below are tracing this family, and Walter was one of 10 children of George Emmerson and Sevilla Mirfin. See

http://freepages.family.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~bagnalls99/HTML/

I would like to know where you fit into this family, and link it to our Bagnall site as we have a special link for families who emigrated.

Please get in touch through the guestbook on the website above.

Nita Pearson

Leicestershire

UK