Burial Index Look Up

winter64

Is there anyone with a burial index who wouldnt mind looking up a burial for me please. I have checked Sheffield Indexers but only 2 Flathers and neither are connected to me.

I am looking for JOHN FLATHER who died 1 June 1876. If there is anyone buried with him and is recorded would you mind also letting me know who they are and their dates of death please. In particular if his wife Fanny is recorded buried with him as her death isnt recorded in the death indexes.

Is there anyone with a burial index who wouldnt mind looking up a burial for me please. I have checked Sheffield Indexers but only 2 Flathers and neither are connected to me.

I am looking for JOHN FLATHER who died 1 June 1876. If there is anyone buried with him and is recorded would you mind also letting me know who they are and their dates of death please. In particular if his wife Fanny is recorded buried with him as her death isnt recorded in the death indexes.

John Flather is on the 3rd edition of the NBI as being buried 6 June 1876 age 55 at Attercliffe Municipal Cemetery. There is no record for Fanny Flather .

Assuming its the same person, Fanny is recorded in the 1881 census as a 53 year old widow, visitor in the home of Charles Ibbotson a spring knife manufacturer ar 119 Cemetery Rd Sheffield. I can't find her in 1891 neither can I find her death.

Knowing teh date & place of John's burial, Sheffield Cemeteries Dept at Cemetrey Rd would (for a small fee) do a look-up for that grave & presumably see iof anyone else was buried in it.. They are at:

City Road Cemetery

City Road

Sheffield S2 1GD

Tel: (0114) 239 6068

Fax: (0114) 239 3757

Email: bereavement.services@sheffield.gov.uk

John Flather is on the 3rd edition of the NBI as being buried 6 June 1876 age 55 at Attercliffe Municipal Cemetery. There is no record for Fanny Flather .

Assuming its the same person, Fanny is recorded in the 1881 census as a 53 year old widow, visitor in the home of Charles Ibbotson a spring knife manufacturer ar 119 Cemetery Rd Sheffield. I can't find her in 1891 neither can I find her death.

Knowing teh date & place of John's burial, Sheffield Cemeteries Dept at Cemetrey Rd would (for a small fee) do a look-up for that grave & presumably see iof anyone else was buried in it.. They are at:

City Road Cemetery

City Road

Sheffield S2 1GD

Tel: (0114) 239 6068

Fax: (0114) 239 3757

Email: bereavement.services@sheffield.gov.uk

Thanks John, Much appreciated. It is indeed the same Fanny Flather, I couldnt find her in 1891 or 1901 and I have been through all death indexes and cant find her. I even checked marriages in case she got remarried. I found her daughter but not her. I will give City Road a try though just in case she is tucked away with John in Attercliffe. Thanks again

Karen

Definately not "your man" but a John Flather was Govenor of the Workhouse in 1825.

Have just come across this post which I appreciate may be resolved, but I have the Attercliffe burial records1859 - 1960 and have found the entry relating to John Flather. He is buried in plot B622nc in which there are three other burials recorded, all with the surname Sharp or Sharpe. These are dated between 1879 and 1886, let me know if this means anything to you or you want any further details.