Morris Family Of Beighton

hilldweller

I'm trying to find out something about my wife's grandmother's family. My wife's grandmother maiden name was Charlotte Morris and she was born to Mary Morris (nee Pawson) and Thomas Morris in one of the two old cottages at the bottom corner of School Lane Beighton. Mary Morris died about 3 weeks after giving birth to Charlotte on the 22nd March 1883 aged 35. She had 8 other children. Mary was descended from the Pawson book publishing family. Thomas Morris was a farm bailiff I understand, perhaps to Beighton Manor which was nearby and died in 1925 aged 81 years.

Any help appreciated.

Hilldweller.

I'm trying to find out something about my wife's grandmother's family. My wife's grandmother maiden name was Charlotte Morris and she was born to Mary Morris (nee Pawson) and Thomas Morris in one of the two old cottages at the bottom corner of School Lane Beighton. Mary Morris died about 3 weeks after giving birth to Charlotte on the 22nd March 1883 aged 35. She had 8 other children. Mary was descended from the Pawson book publishing family. Thomas Morris was a farm bailiff I understand, perhaps to Beighton Manor which was nearby and died in 1925 aged 81 years.

Any help appreciated.

Hilldweller.

I have a Thomas Morris who was born in Bingham, Notts & married a Sarah Foster. They moved to Beighton in the 1860's and stayed there. Can't see a connection with your family though unless your Thomas originated from Bingham, Notts

Any help appreciated.

Hilldweller.

Further to the above can anyone help me in my quest to ascertain the exact relationship of Mary Morris nee Pawson, to Henry Pawson the printer and publisher. According to family history she was the daughter of Henry. We have a famliy photograph of her and from her deportment and clothing she wasn't without a bob or two.

She was born around 1848. Does anyone have any census information for Henry for 1851 for instance ?

HD