Sargeants Of Sheffield/ Birmingham

Diablo

Hi,

Have hit a brick wall regarding the parents of Albert Edward Sargeant, who was born in Sheffield in 1893. His mother was Elizabeth and his father was James Henry Sargeant, both of whom I think were born in Birmingham and I've found them on a couple census, but I can find no trace of their marriage (which, again, I think was in Bham) or births. Any info?

Hi,

Have hit a brick wall regarding the parents of Albert Edward Sargeant, who was born in Sheffield in 1893. His mother was Elizabeth and his father was James Henry Sargeant, both of whom I think were born in Birmingham and I've found them on a couple census, but I can find no trace of their marriage (which, again, I think was in Bham) or births. Any info?

Try Portsea Island, Hampshire, Jul-Sep 1888, Marriage of James Henry Sargeant and Elizabeth Jane Rock (Volume 2b, page 782)

Guest pink

Try Portsea Island, Hampshire, Jul-Sep 1888, Marriage of James Henry Sargeant and Elizabeth Jane Rock (Volume 2b, page 782)

I married into the Sargeant family nearly 22 years ago now- stange but before marriage my mum in law was called wild and that was

my maiden name too

Have finally found out that James Sargeant married Ann Elizabeth Braithwaite in Birmingham, I think.

My maternal grandmother became a Sargeant upon marrying my grandad and her maiden name was Wild.