Where Am I?

mike142sl

I'm sure I'm in Sheffield History, but it all looks different.

Hello Mike,

the site has undergone a server/software upgrade and all is not complete as yet,

so there may be further changes to come.

If any members need help with the new interface or user controls/buttons,

please do not hesitate to ask in here.

Personally I'm still working my way around the new settings.

Steve

Hello Mike,

the site has undergone a server/software upgrade and all is not complete as yet,

so there may be further changes to come.

If any members need help with the new interface or user controls/buttons,

please do not hesitate to ask in here.

Personally I'm still working my way around the new settings.

Steve

Any reason why it's predominantly blue and white?

Same reason that the sky is blue and the clouds are white;-)

I was wondering what this was on our profiles ? :

Nice to see everyone's is 0! Any explanation?

According to Admin he's still working on the upgrade, and one of the changes yet to be made is changing the colour scheme, quote

"Just need to do some work on the actual LOOK of the place now (e.g. lose the blue graphics and move to a more traditional colour scheme)"

(or did you suspect an ulterior motive?)

I wondered what had happened as well ! I like the column on the right that has the recently posted topics in makes it easy to check on postings B) Looks like it will be good when it's finished.

I wondered what had happened as well ! I like the column on the right that has the recently posted topics in makes it easy to check on postings B)Looks like it will be good when it's finished.

That's what they always say about Sheffield he he

What about trying the Old Sheffield Transport Colours.

Could it be that we are affiliated with owlstalk and that the majority of our members are Wednesdayites

If you support the Owls surely Blue and White are the best colours, - certainly not likely to be Red and White lol

Same reason that the sky is blue and the clouds are white;-)

I was wondering what this was on our profiles ? :

Nice to see everyone's is 0! Any explanation?

I think it may be the new replacement for that "trust level" indicator that moderators saw alongside each member which was normally green (trusted) but could be amber (warning) for swearing or making otherwise offensive posts or red (banned / suspended) for worse offences like spamming, using offensive images, sending every single member a bogus virus alert PM etc.

I take it that REPUTATION = 0 which most members are means that you are "trusted"

It's new, it's different, it's unfamiliar at present so it feels "awkward" to use and I am sure there will be "teething problems" with it.

But, in the long term when we get used to it I am sure we will all benefit from this upgrade.

I think it may be the new replacement for that "trust level" indicator that moderators saw alongside each member which was normally green (trusted) but could be amber (warning) for swearing or making otherwise offensive posts or red (banned / suspended) for worse offences like spamming, using offensive images, sending every single member a bogus virus alert PM etc.

I take it that REPUTATION = 0 which most members are means that you are "trusted"

I'm happy with no reputation after three years and 12,000+ posts; least I haven't blotted my copy book !

I'm happy with no reputation after three years and 12,000+ posts; least I haven't blotted my copy book !

I notice that your location to the left of your posts has changed Richard.

You now live at Tyne &amp Wear <_<

Is that anywhere near Tyne and Wear, or even Tyne & Wear, a couple of places in northeast England we are more familiar with lol

I notice that your location to the left of your posts has changed Richard.

You now live at Tyne &amp Wear

Is that anywhere near Tyne and Wear, or even Tyne & Wear, a couple of places in northeast England we are more familiar with

We could do without &amp - looking like PictureSheffield !

I'm sure I'm in Sheffield History, but it all looks different.

Main SheffieldHistory banner has changed colour - again ... now pale blue background with white writing; was white on black. Signed in as/Search area now has a much smaller area, with a line through the text.

I've been out of action for a few days as they were a change over from tiscali to talk talk, i've just

got back on line to this.

Strange but I suppose it's what the eye gets used to. Time will tell.

I've been out of action for a few days as they were a change over from tiscali to talk talk, i've just

got back on line to this.

Strange but I suppose it's what the eye gets used to. Time will tell.

Stuart0742 has been out of action all week taking a birthday break in Tenereiffe. B)

Wonder what he will make of the change when he gets back? :blink:

Not "WHERE AM I"

But "WHO AM I"

At first I was "member"

Then I was "trusted member"

Now I seem to be "PRO SHEFFIELDER"

not quite sure exactly what it means or why its there but I quite like that description ;-)

DaveH, - Pro Sheffielder

yeah, -that sounds good B)

Not "WHERE AM I"

But "WHO AM I"

At first I was "member"

not quite sure exactly what it means or why its there but I quite like that description

DaveH, - Pro Sheffielder

yeah, -that sounds good

I've gone from Member to Administrator to Root Admin to Root Admin and Pro-Sheffielder, sure I saw my desciption flash past as Fat, old, balding idiot - least we're getting closer to the real truth

I've gone from Member to Administrator to Root Admin to Root Admin and Pro-Sheffielder, sure I saw my desciption flash past as Fat, old, balding idiot - least we're getting closer to the real truth

Hmmm...

Now you've got me thinking.

That admin / root admin is listed under group

It list me as Administrator and previously had me member

Now the "Pro Sheffielder" bit is directly under the avitar along with 3 dashes.

Is the "Pro Sheffielder" bit just from the bit that was related to number of posts made then?

The bit that used to go Newbie (1dash), Member (2dashes) and then Advanced Member (3dashes) in your first 30 posts?

Does it now go Newbie (1dash), Trusted Member (2dashes) and Pro Sheffielder (3dashes)?

Not "WHERE AM I"

But "WHO AM I"

At first I was "member"

not quite sure exactly what it means or why its there but I quite like that description ;-)

DaveH, - Pro Sheffielder

yeah, -that sounds good B)

So will ones we've suspended or banned be Anti Sheffielder?<_<

Hmmm...

Now you've got me thinking.

That admin / root admin is listed under group

It list me as Administrator and previously had me member

Now the "Pro Sheffielder" bit is directly under the avitar along with 3 dashes.

Is the "Pro Sheffielder" bit just from the bit that was related to number of posts made then?

The bit that used to go Newbie (1dash), Member (2dashes) and then Advanced Member (3dashes) in your first 30 posts?

Does it now go Newbie (1dash), Trusted Member (2dashes) and Pro Sheffielder (3dashes)?

I've kind of given up for a few days - until the dust settles and my birthday hangover (which I'm working towards) has gone away.

So will ones we've suspended or banned be Anti Sheffielder?<_<

Brilliant idea Bayleaf ;-)

Just like in Medieval times criminals were branded and marked so that everyone knew who they were and that they were up to no good, - we could mark the spammers, malicious posters and others that make unwanted contributions as "Anti Sheffielder" so that members would know their posts contain suspect or deliberately misleading content.

SteveHB would love that job, - marking up the offenders. lol

Stuart0742 has been out of action all week taking a birthday break in Tenereiffe. B)

Wonder what he will make of the change when he gets back? :blink:

To be honest it is a bit of a shock when you get back on line, it doesn't seem as easy on the eye as the other format.

I've been away too for a few days, searching the war tunnels of Jersey.

In a few days everyone will be used to it

More importantly as time goes by we'll LOVE the new system - security - lack of spam - speed and stability of the site I'm sure

It'll work like a dream - and I'll keep working to make it look/feel like the old site - promise...