Help with facts on Joseph Rodgers knife

podsquad

Hi...I was wondering if there are knife experts that can assist me in dating this knife. It is stamped "Rodgers cutlers to His majesty" and No 6 Norfolk Street Sheffield. I can't see if there is a star and a cross...it could be hidden beneath the scales. The 2 blades are curved and the knife is about 3 5/8". The scales could be ivory(elephant) or bone. The knife is carved in the form of a leg/foot with a bird beneath the foot nibbling at a toe.... a whimsical depiction of a bird nibbling at (a) corn on the toe. It is my feeling that this knife was owned by a chiropodist, however, it was rarely used since there are no cracks or chips. I have attached some photos. Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Hi...I was wondering if there are knife experts that can assist me in dating this knife. It is stamped "Rodgers cutlers to His majesty" and No 6 Norfolk Street Sheffield. I can't see if there is a star and a cross...it could be hidden beneath the scales. The 2 blades are curved and the knife is about 3 5/8". The scales could be ivory(elephant) or bone. The knife is carved in the form of a leg/foot with a bird beneath the foot nibbling at a toe.... a whimsical depiction of a bird nibbling at (a) corn on the toe. It is my feeling that this knife was owned by a chiropodist, however, it was rarely used since there are no cracks or chips. I have attached some photos. Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

For your information

Any ideas on who can place a date to this knife. Is it pre-1837 or post-1901 if it is stamped "His Majesty"? Would I be correct in assuming this knife belonged to a chiropodist or is there some underlying meaning such as the mythological story of Bran. I appreciate the post on the history of Sheffield....thank you.