Old Football Cups

CJE638

I am the historian for the Sheffield & Hallamshire County Football Association and I am always on the look out for old Football cups left on shelves or stuck in somebodies loft, so that I can record data from them. In the last 12 months I have found one at a silversmiths who had pulled it out of a skip, one in a sports club house which had also been found in a skip. Four have been found in lofts and one in a council reading room. How many others are still out there on pub/clubs shelfs, in lofts or on somebodies sideboard. Who can find the most for me, I challenge you to find more than me in the next 12 months, so have a look when you next go for a drink or visit an old family member.

I am the historian for the Sheffield & Hallamshire County Football Association and I am always on the look out for old Football cups left on shelves or stuck in somebodies loft, so that I can record data from them. In the last 12 months I have found one at a silversmiths who had pulled it out of a skip, one in a sports club house which had also been found in a skip. Four have been found in lofts and one in a council reading room. How many others are still out there on pub/clubs shelfs, in lofts or on somebodies sideboard. Who can find the most for me, I challenge you to find more than me in the next 12 months, so have a look when you next go for a drink or visit an old family member.

There are a couple of dusty trophy cabinets (in S6 & S2) that haven't been opened for many a year - could be anything in there ;-)

Guest PatAn

Not a cup but a medal. Gold, about the size of 10p inscribed DAVIS CHARITY CUP 1919. Crossed arrows on other side. I'd love to know more.

Not a cup but a medal. Gold, about the size of 10p

I have a medal which fits a similar description which I inherited from my late grandfather who was a professional footballer from 1925 to 1930

The front which is enamelled gold reads "1928-9 West Riding County F.A. supplementary cup"

The reverse which is plain gold is engaved with my grandfathers name and the words "Bradford City" and "Runners Up"

It also carries on the rear gold hallmarks with the name Fatorini