Cowley Sisters

Tracy Kerridge

Hello all,

I am looking for any information and/or descendants of the "Cowley Sisters" - daughters of Alfred COWLEY and Emily/Emma WOLSTENHOLME (nee THOMAS). The family lived in Cundy Street, Walkley.

VIOLETTA (b.1882) married a chap named Henry WRIGHT and (I think) had a son - Harold.

ALICE (b.1886) first married Frank SMITH who was killed in action in WW1 - they had daughters: Violetta, Edna and Eileen and a son: Frank. She later married a man with the surname LEDGER and had a further 2 children Alice and Alan.

BEATRICE (b.1896) never married. I think she worked in munitions during WW1. Would anyone have any information as to which factory she would have worked in?

There are also three further COWLEY sisters, though they were born WOLSTENHOLME (father Henry John)

ELIZA (b.1871) married Edward EGAN - they ran a fruit shop in Hollis Croft - anyone have memories of the shop?

MARY (b.1873) married a John HARRISON

SARAH JANE (b.1875) married to William Thomas BROWN - children: Clara (1893-1894), Mabel (1895-1899), Alice Evelyn (b. 1898), George William (b.1900) - my Grandfather. Also Louis (b.1902) and Ray (b.1907).

Any information or memories of the above gratefully received

Tracy