Hanover War Memorial Building

Stuart0742

I walked past here today, Hanover War Memorial Building, junction Filey Rd and Broomspring Ln

I don't know if it has been covered before, I think the building may have been something to do with the methodist church.

Does anybody know anything about the building

Guest barnabus

As I recall, the two buildings were built as memorials for the people of Broomhall who lost their lives in the two great wars (1914-18 and 1939-45). If I remember right, 23 is dedicated to the 1st world war, and 25 is dedicated to the second world war. I will have a look tomorrow when I go down there.

You are correct, the buildings were a part of the Hanover Methodist Centre, but have now been purchased, along with the church building in between, by the Jesus Fellowship Church (aka. the modern Jesus army), for use as a worship centre, a drop-in for vulnerable people, a cafe, and also as accommodation for members of the church. Please see Modern Jesus Army Sheffield Website for details

Barnabus

F. A. Nodder, Hanover War Memorial Church Institute - Secretary, 23 Filey Street (Kelly's 1925)

Anyone got any more information please ?

Guest barnabus

As I recall, the two buildings were built as memorials for the people of Broomhall who lost their lives in the two great wars (1914-18 and 1939-45). If I remember right, 23 is dedicated to the 1st world war, and 25 is dedicated to the second world war. I will have a look tomorrow when I go down there.

You are correct, the buildings were a part of the Hanover Methodist Centre, but have now been purchased, along with the church building in between, by the Jesus Fellowship Church (aka. the modern Jesus army), for use as a worship centre, a drop-in for vulnerable people, a cafe, and also as accommodation for members of the church. Please see Modern Jesus Army Sheffield Website for details

Barnabus

I was mistaken... 25 Filey Street is not dedicated to war wounded, lost etc. Just 23 Filey Street.

B

I walked past here today, Hanover War Memorial Building, junction Filey Rd and Broomspring Ln

I don't know if it has been covered before, I think the building may have been something to do with the methodist church.

Does anybody know anything about the building

When I attended Sunday Scool there I think at one time it was the Manse

Guest barnabus

When I attended Sunday Scool there I think at one time it was the Manse

Possibly, but 25 joins directly to the church, whereas there is no direct link to the church from 23.

B :blink: