Searching family Bargh Sheffield

Guest margareth

Guest margareth

Any information re Bargh family of 42 Fawcett St. Sheffield in the late 1880's. Father Wm, Mother Annie, Daughters Elsie Ada & Annie. Their son Frank was my Grandfather, born 1889, killed at Passchendale Aug 1917. i would love to trace descendandts of his sisters, &any information would be great.

Guest Trefcon

Hi margareth,

this is what i have, apologies if you already have any of this -

Born and enlisted at Sheffield.

He was killed in action.

His Medal Index Card.

His name appears on the St. Stephen's Roll of Honour at Fawcett street, and also the Samuel Osborn's 3 Rolls of Honour.

Two of the Samuel Osborn's Roll's are at Kelham Island. The other one is in book form and is at Local Studies.

The two Kelham one's,

His entry in the book form one is as follow's -

'F. Bargh was employed as a File Cutter for many years at Brookhill Works. On September 4th, 1914, he enlisted with several of his mates in the Notts. and Derby Regiment, and saw a good deal of service in France, being once gassed. He had the misfortune to lose one of his children during this period, and on August 16th, 1917, gave his life for his country whilst serving with the Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers '

His papers dont seem to have survived.

And finally the man himself

Dean.

1881 (piece 4642 f112 p20)

1901 (piece 4366 f34 p11) (indexed by Ancestry as BAYL)

I can't find them in 1891.

I think 'Elsie' is actualy 'Eliz' (Elizabeth).

Hugh

Guest margareth

Hi margareth,

this is what i have, apologies if you already have any of this -

Born and enlisted at Sheffield.

He was killed in action.

His Medal Index Card.

His name appears on the St. Stephen's Roll of Honour at Fawcett street, and also the Samuel Osborn's 3 Rolls of Honour.

Two of the Samuel Osborn's Roll's are at Kelham Island. The other one is in book form and is at Local Studies.

The two Kelham one's,

His entry in the book form one is as follow's -

'F. Bargh was employed as a File Cutter for many years at Brookhill Works. On September 4th, 1914, he enlisted with several of his mates in the Notts. and Derby Regiment, and saw a good deal of service in France, being once gassed. He had the misfortune to lose one of his children during this period, and on August 16th, 1917, gave his life for his country whilst serving with the Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers '

His papers dont seem to have survived.

And finally the man himself

Dean.