Gardeners Rest

Stuart0742

Photo taken today, added to main entry

Seems a strange place, no brewery advertised, which brewery did it used to be, given its location perhaps Stones

Nice one Neddy, nice one son - stoppit RichardB :rolleyes:

Big list of Pubs, should we put breweries against those that we can ?

No there's a project for the long winter nights

Photo taken today, added to main entry

Seems a strange place, no brewery advertised, which brewery did it used to be, given its location perhaps Stones

Thanks for your photo of The Gardeners Rest, my brother had an art exhibition there in June 2007. He got a call from the landlady saying we've had a flood, can you call in and get your pictures? The Great Sheffield flood had dumped 4 1/2 feet of water into the pub, when he got there the water had gone and everything was covered in black stinking mud. They were ripping up the carpets and throwing them into the street, the tide mark on the wall was 2 inches below his paintings, all of which were unscathed. He said the pub was run by Pat and Eddy (no surname) who also run a small real-ale brewery nearby which was also flooded. The brewery soon recovered but the pub was closed and he was unsure if it would ever re-open.

Can you tell me if it is still operating?

Thanks for your photo of The Gardeners Rest, my brother had an art exhibition there in June 2007. He got a call from the landlady saying we've had a flood, can you call in and get your pictures? The Great Sheffield flood had dumped 4 1/2 feet of water into the pub, when he got there the water had gone and everything was covered in black stinking mud. They were ripping up the carpets and throwing them into the street, the tide mark on the wall was 2 inches below his paintings, all of which were unscathed. He said the pub was run by Pat and Eddy (no surname) who also run a small real-ale brewery nearby which was also flooded. The brewery soon recovered but the pub was closed and he was unsure if it would ever re-open.

Can you tell me if it is still operating?

My photo was taken on Friday 6/11/09, it looked as if it was in business, there was now brewery identified, but I would defiantly say it is still operating.

Nice one Neddy, nice one son - stoppit RichardB :rolleyes:

Big list of Pubs, should we put breweries against those that we can ?

What's the little red and yellow box or sign at the right hand side of the door?

It says something on it. Tetleys? I don't suppose so . <_<

What's the little red and yellow box or sign at the right hand side of the door?

It says something on it. Tetleys? I don't suppose so . <_<

Its an outside ashtray advertising a taxi firm :(

We'll be back

Guest sotonowl

I worked on neepsend lane in the 80's it was a john smiths house then

Yep,John Smiths house.My father worked in the rolling mill opposite for around 40 years which was called the Hallamshire steel and file company