Big families

RichardB

A two part question, the first part for anyone (especially new members) the second aimed at the seriously dedicated.

Part One : I know of a family in the 1820's that had over the course of their 20 year marriage twenty children, does anyone know of a larger family than this ?

Part Two : Name the family, where they lived, the Fathers occupation, how many children survived, did any achieve "High Office" ?

-----------------------------------

Administrators, please PM your answers, leave this open to see if we can get a bigger family.

A two part question, the first part for anyone (especially new members) the second aimed at the seriously dedicated.

Part One : I know of a family in the 1820's that had over the course of their 20 year marriage twenty children, does anyone know of a larger family than this ?

Part Two : Name the family, where they lived, the Fathers occupation, how many children survived, did any achieve "High Office" ?

-----------------------------------

Administrators, please PM your answers, leave this open to see if we can get a bigger family.

The father was arrested for walking down Fargate stark naked and taken to Sheffield Magistrates Court for trial

Judge:

You are charged with indecent exposure in a public place, you were seen in an busy area of Sheffield where there are many people wearing no clothes.

Father:

Yes M'lord

Judge:

Are you not ashamed of this sinful deed, there were children around at the time, do you have any children of your own?

Father

Yes M'lord, 20

Judge:

How many? 20?

OK, case dismissed, the defendent was in his working clothes! lol he he

We're extending the length of this marriage and with it the number of children to 29 !

(A very detailed web-based investigation has come to my attention, but, let people have a further ponder before I commence dropping hints).

The best Crookes can come up with is the redoubtable Annie Jackson who died at the age of 62 No wonder she had varicose veins pushing the prams up Heavygate

From The Manchester Guardian dated 8th November 1927

I would like to know a lot more about Annie - it must be a genealogist's dream/nightmare.