Beck Road Chapel

Guest andydeda

Guest andydeda

I recently went passed Beck Road Chapel in shiregreen and to my surprise it was been demolished.I spent alot of time there as a child 1970s and 80s at boys brigade and youth club. such a shame to see it gone.... :(

I recently went passed Beck Road Chapel in shiregreen and to my surprise it was been demolished.I spent alot of time there as a child 1970s and 80s at boys brigade and youth club. such a shame to see it gone.... :(

Hi Andydeda, Barrie Trigg ( who I am sure you will remember) was the Captain of 23rd BB at Beck Road & is still running it. It moved from Beck Road Methodist which closed in 2000 to St Christopher's up the hill on Bellhouse Road. Barrie tells me they are doing well & they have a company website (www.twenty3rd.org.uk) and the company also runs a non-alcoholic cocktail bar which travels around with profits going to charities (www.sodasphon.org.uk).

If you want to contact him send me a PM & I will give you his email address.

Cheers, John

Guest andydeda

Hi Andydeda, Barrie Trigg ( who I am sure you will remember) was the Captain of 23rd BB at Beck Road & is still running it. It moved from Beck Road Methodist which closed in 2000 to St Christopher's up the hill on Bellhouse Road. Barrie tells me they are doing well & they have a company website (www.twenty3rd.org.uk) and the company also runs a non-alcoholic cocktail bar which travels around with profits going to charities (www.sodasphon.org.uk).

Cheers, John

Hi John nice to hear from you ...I didnt know the 23 rd company was still going. thats good news.I remember Barrie Trigg I have also just visited the web site and looking at the pictures he hasnt changed at all...Im new to this forum not sure how to pm but if you could pass on my e-mail I would be very grateful... Email removed .....many thanks

Hi John nice to hear from you ...I didnt know the 23 rd company was still going. thats good news.I remember Barrie Trigg I have also just visited the web site and looking at the pictures he hasnt changed at all...Im new to this forum not sure how to pm but if you could pass on my e-mail I would be very grateful... Removed email address .....many thanks

Click on "Members" (top right), type in Johnm press "Go"; select the correct person (there is also a Johnmh).

Click on the down arrow to the right of the persons name, chhose Send Personal Message - type your stuff and send it.

I've removed your email from your latest postin.

Send me a message to test it ...

Cheers, John

John

I can't remember where I found this but this is the date of the chapel closure - have I got it wrong?

best wishes

August 31 2002

Low Shiregreen Methodist Chapel at Beck Road, closed.

John

I can't remember where I found this but this is the date of the chapel closure - have I got it wrong?

best wishes

August 31 2002

Low Shiregreen Methodist Chapel at Beck Road, closed.

Hi Dunsbyowl, Its Barrie Trigg who told me it was 2000 & he attended there! However, often Chapels are not considered closed until all the decision making process through the Methodist heirachy has been completed so that could account for the difference. ie one may be a practical date the other a formal closure date.

The only other alternative is that he made a typo error when he told me 2000!

Best wishes, John