John Henry Straw

Guest DIZZINICK

Guest DIZZINICK

Looking for any details about my maternal Grandfather, John Henry ( or Harry ) Straw. Born about 1871, died sometime after 1917, but I have no idea when or where, and this is what I am trying to find out. He was married to Charlotte Styring, they had several children including my mother, and they lived down Attercliffe. Any info would be welcome, Thanks

Guest DIZZINICK

Looking for any details about my maternal Grandfather, John Henry ( or Harry ) Straw. Born about 1871, died sometime after 1917, but I have no idea when or where, and this is what I am trying to find out. He was married to Charlotte Styring, they had several children including my mother, and they lived down Attercliffe. Any info would be welcome, Thanks

Don't seem to be having any luck with John Henry, so is there anyone out there with recollections of Florence Straw bn about 1896, Albert Straw bn 1899, Arthur Straw bn 1907.

Any idea of his trade please ? Struggling to find anything ...

Heading in the wrong direction date-wise (1891), but ...

Guest DIZZINICK

1841 possibility George Straw, Duke Street, Park.

I'll stop now, since I'm not answering your question lol

Hi Richard, Your info is most welcome, and I thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my post. My problem is that I was told John Henry left his wife and children c1920 He was allegedly an alcoholic and a gambler ( I do not know whether this is true or not) and ,as I said in my earlier post, Iwould like, if possible to find out where he ended up, and ultimately died. Once again thanks. I shall study the docs you have sent me.

Hi Richard, Your info is most welcome, and I thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my post. My problem is that I was told John Henry left his wife and children c1920 He was allegedly an alcoholic and a gambler ( I do not know whether this is true or not) and ,as I said in my earlier post, Iwould like, if possible to find out where he ended up, and ultimately died. Once again thanks. I shall study the docs you have sent me.

There is a Sheffield, 40 year old John Henry Straw listed at http://www.1911census.co.uk but I don't have access.

See RichardS and his kind offer.

On Ancestry I see three John H Straw entries

Died Jul-Sep 1948 Barton, Lancashire

Died Arp-Jun 1940 Belper, Derbyshire

and

Died Apr-Jun 1939 Wharfedale, West Riding

-------------------

It won't be this last man then

which means nowt to me but might give you something to chase.

Name Relation Condition/Yrs married Sex Age Birth Year Occupation (All Sheffield)

STRAW, John Henry Head Married M 40 1871 Labourer Yard

STRAW, Charlotte Wife Married 18 years F 38 1873

STRAW, Florence E Daughter F 14 1897 Silver Burnisher

STRAW, Albert Son M 11 1900 School

STRAW, Arthur Son M 3 1908

STRAW, Hilda Daughter F 1 1910

Entry for 1911 Census, apologies for the formatting had a little trouble.

If you would like a copy of the census image PM me and I will get it though to you.

Regard

--

John D