Sheffield Streets

RichardB

Amy Allison, a Long island girl who used to live in Sheffield. The title track from her forthcoming album is this love song to the city called Sheffield streets.

----------------------

Being a certified miserable old person I had the sound muted - but - some fine images.

http://sheffieldblog.com/category/history/

I'm not keen on the music, but I like the bus at 1:15 - it's even got a Sheffield built body! Deliberate or just coincidence?

I'm not keen on the music, but I like the bus at 1:15 - it's even got a Sheffield built body! Deliberate or just coincidence?

MA,

It's the 42 Lowedges at the top of Waingate,

the old townhall can bee seen in the background. :rolleyes:

A 'distinctive' voice, but gets bonus points for getting "a pint of Stones" in the lyric whilst being an American country-ish singer, plus, I've heard of her dad.

Quite a nice selection of photos on the video (including a bus!)

Amy Allison: Sheffield Streets

A 'distinctive' voice, but gets bonus points for getting "a pint of Stones" in the lyric whilst being an American country-ish singer, plus, I've heard of her dad.

Quite a nice selection of photos on the video (including a bus!)

Amy Allison: Sheffield Streets

Excellent post love the video and the song perhaps one of moderators could adopt it and embed it into the site to play in the background

but i suppose that would not be aloud due to copyright and royalties pity..

And I did do a search before posting to check as I thought the picture of the 42 wouldn't have escaped the net very easily. Why didn't I spot the other thread !

And I did do a search before posting to check as I thought the picture of the 42 wouldn't have escaped the net very easily. Why didn't I spot the other thread !

I think I can answer that Henry.

As with other search engines, search for "Amy Allison" in inverted commas, will give results containing the exact phrase.

You probably entered Amy Allison without the commas.

Not to worry HP,

Topics merged

I like the song, the sentiments and the video, but the voice...................... :o

As I was playing it my wife shouted in from the kitchen "Is that the Simpsons?" :blink:

I like the song, the sentiments and the video, but the voice...................... :o

As I was playing it my wife shouted in from the kitchen "Is that the Simpsons?" :blink:

I've loved this song ever since I first heard it a few months ago, I am learning the words to sing them in the car driving to work. She's definitely more Bob Dylan than Lisa Simpson and the Sheffield she sings about is the one I left so I have an emotional attachment. I'm sending the link to everyone in my address book.

Sheffield Streets

The flat was cold

so I would walk around

I felt so old

but how I loved the town!

I walked so far

up and down those hills

I saw the moors

I saw the mills

I felt alone

but oh, it was so sweet

when I would walk