Andrews (Sheffield) Ltd

andyrad

if that is your dad then he worked alongside me at andrews at darnall & ur mum too !!!! i was a fitter there around 1995-6 ish

you will remember this view then Wayne??

Found it! OAG760L and it looks like an alexander bodied Fleetline :)

here she is next to Ex notts ETO181L Lady Hamilton

Just found a picture of OAG760L before it was painted in Andrews livery

...some more for your perusal !.......(named where i can !)

pic 1&2 Maid Marion , DET 475V

pic 3 Seargent a Loosemoor, DWH 684W

pic4 Nick Broughton

pic5 NOC 483R

pic6 WHL 284J ,Mandy

pic7 SDA 691S ,Oliver Cromwell

pic8 SDA 791S

PIC9 SWE 446S

hi pro,, i love the andrews buses as my dad drove for them for years,,his bus was lady godiva but i have not found it on here,,,would you give permission to download some andrews pics and put them on my flikr,,,regards,,,rich

hi pro,, i love the andrews buses as my dad drove for them for years,,his bus was lady godiva but i have not found it on here,,,would you give permission to download some andrews pics and put them on my flikr,,,regards,,,rich

Dont think there was ever a bus with that name? :unsure:

Guest bus man

The list above is when it was part of tacky was lady godiva withdrawn before hand, as I said earlier I thought there was one .

I also notice that No Time To Die is not listed either

The list above is when it was part of tacky was lady godiva withdrawn before hand, as I said earlier I thought there was one .

Well I have it from the highest authority on the Andrews fleet that Lady Godiva was never an Andrews bus! :P

I think he is thinking of Lady Hamilton...

also Parkgate Iron and Steel isnt on that fleetlist either lol

so there was deffo a lady godiva,,my dad told me and drove the bus even though it was not his bus as most drivers had their own buses

so there was deffo a lady godiva,,my dad told me and drove the bus even though it was not his bus as most drivers had their own buses

No there wasnt one called that 100% not, Lady Hamilton was the nearest match

No there wasnt one called that 100% not, Lady Hamilton was the nearest match

well he could have got it wrong,,,he is old now lol

...some great pics here , including names !!! ;-) .....

http://regionalbusphotosyork.fotopic.net/c1792799.html

some good pics on there,

I'm sure this one came up in another topic about adverts!

http://regionalbusphotosyork.fotopic.net/p62540547.html

this was the half finished advert for Henlys Vauxhall dealer in Rotherham which was an entirely hand painted advert! I;m sure there were two of these painted..

some good pics on there,

I'm sure this one came up in another topic about adverts!

http://regionalbusphotosyork.fotopic.net/p62540547.html

this was the half finished advert for Henlys Vauxhall dealer in Rotherham which was an entirely hand painted advert! I;m sure there were two of these painted..

brilliant pics of the fleet,,,thanks for posting

Guest bus man

LADY GODIVA

I have received a reply after asking for expert advice regarding lady godiva:

I've found 3 fleetbooks which were published with Andrews' named buses:

- Capital Transport's 2nd edition 'No.3 Yorkshire' of February 1991;

- British Bus Publishing's 1st edition 'The Yorkshire Bus Handbook' of May 1993;

- British Bus Publishing's 2nd edition 'The Yorkshire Bus Handbook' of April/May 1995.

None of the above list a Lady Godiva.

I don't have a 1st edition of Capital Transport's book and - because of the possibility of a bus having come & gone between fleetbooks - I've trawled through M&Ts from 281 (May 1988) to 367 (July 1995).

Again, there is no trace of a Lady Godiva. The Andrews business passed to the Traction Group from 3 October 1992 and the three Traction Group subsidiary fleets - Andrews,

Sheffield Omnibus and South Riding - were consolidated into "Andrews Sheffield Omnibus" in June 1995 after which no further names were allocated.

I suspect that the Lady Godiva bus someone claims to have driven was probably one of two Daimler Fleetlines which were actually named Lady Hamilton:

- Willowbrook-bodied ETO181L - listed in 1991 and withdrawn that April;

- MCW-bodied NOC482R - from June 1991, still listed in 1993 and also in 1995 by which time it was no.110 - fleetnumbers were introduced from mid-1993 when Wayfarer ticket machines were fitted.

(Report End)

At the moment there are the following possibilites :

The bus did exist and is in book one of Capital.

The bus appeared but didnt last long and was not listed in any fleet books or M&T news - this latter is very unlikely

There wasnt a lady godiva

If i find any furhter information I will post

LADY GODIVA

New lead it as been sugested that the bus was a Regent V trainer - I am looking into it

No there was never a Lady Godiva busman, the Trainer Regents V's were called Gladys and Goliath

and they also ran a douglas regent in service but this was called Elizabeth Anne

http://www.aecsouthall.co.uk/jlaw/regent5_bwa429g.htm

Also in the driver training fleet was...

Charlie Cruiser - Leyland tractor unit

Freddie Freighter- Leyland flatbed rigid

Lennie Leopard- Alexander Y Type Leyland Leopard

Bertie Bedford - Bedford with plaxton bodywork

tyring to find some pictures out of the two buses...

LADY GODIVA

New lead it as been sugested that the bus was a Regent V trainer - I am looking into it

Here is AEC Regent v YJG821 "Gladys"

Here we have video of some of the fleet when the Depot was moved from Attercliffe to Darnall in 1993

I think this road was called Janson Street which is now where Freemans is at Arena Square

Guest transit

I think this road was called Janson Street which is now where Freemans is at Arena Square

...great stuff again Andy ! - surprisingly almost the whole area on view has been redeveloped in the years since :o