What happened to the Evans Family

Guest mellie

Guest mellie

Hi,

I am very interested in trying to find out what happened to my mother's side of the family.

William Henry and Charlotte Evans lived at 76 Lansdowne Road, Sheffield in the 1911 census. William Henry was a Watch and Clock Maker. He is listed at that address until 1939 when the name changes to Arthur Edward Evans - profession - Packer.

I have found a death certificate for Charlotte who died in her home city of Coventry, during the second world war.

Also, have death certificates for two of their daughters, who did not marry.

Their other children : William Henry Evans (b. 9/4/1893) in Coventry, Arthur Edward Evans (b.27/11/1894) also in Coventry and Ernest Evans born in the June quarter of 1908 in Sheffield, this is the only information I have about these people. but would love to learn more.

Any help would be appreciated.

Melissa

One other child, from the burial transcriptions at SheffieldIndexers

Evans, Elsie (daug of William, age 9mo).

Died at 76 Lansdowne Rd; Buried on April 26, 1912 in Consecrated ground;

Grave Number 3569, Section C2 of City Road Cemetery, Sheffield.

Two other people buried in the same grave, I don't know if they are connected:

DRACUP, Walter (Turner, age 78).

Died at City General Hospital; Buried on April 15, 1939 in Consecrated ground;

Lane, Angus (child, age 10 m).

Died at 53 Staniforth Lane; Buried on October 3, 1902 in Consecrated ground;

Hugh

Guest judy15

Hi,

I am very interested in trying to find out what happened to my mother's side of the family.

William Henry and Charlotte Evans lived at 76 Lansdowne Road, Sheffield in the 1911 census. William Henry was a Watch and Clock Maker. He is listed at that address until 1939 when the name changes to Arthur Edward Evans - profession - Packer.

I have found a death certificate for Charlotte who died in her home city of Coventry, during the second world war.

Also, have death certificates for two of their daughters, who did not marry.

Their other children : William Henry Evans (b. 9/4/1893) in Coventry, Arthur Edward Evans (b.27/11/1894) also in Coventry and Ernest Evans born in the June quarter of 1908 in Sheffield, this is the only information I have about these people. but would love to learn more.

Any help would be appreciated.

Melissa

Hi Melissa, I used to live at 73 Lansdowne Road from 1949 - approx. 1966.

My father's mother lived at 75 and his aunt at 71.

Dad's name - Colin Wood his mother was Edith Clarke and also her brother was Clark - Frank and married to Grace, they had a daughter Pauline.

I vaguely remember the Clarke's as an elderly couple.

An visiting Sheffield next month (now living Melbourne) and will ask about the Evans' family. I think they had a son older than me?

Cheers - Judy