Bellefield House

RichardB

Guest Gramps

That'll be ... hopefully someone who is going to reveal what it says then. Can't make out the 4th word for example, plus a couple of udders.

"Presented by the Misses Fawcett to Miss Heppenstall as a token of approbation for answering Geographical Questions with ???? and satisfaction.

Bellefield House

Dec. 17th. 1835"

Marian and Martha Fawcett had a ladies boarding school at Port Mahon. This picture with inscription was probably a school 'prize'.

"Presented by the Misses Fawcett to Miss Heppenstall as a token of approbation for answering Geographical Questions with credit and satisfaction.

Bellefield House

Dec. 17th. 1835"

Marian and Martha Fawcett had a ladies boarding school at Port Mahon. This picture with inscription was probably a school 'prize'.

Guest Gramps

"Presented by the Misses Fawcett to Miss Heppenstall as a token of approbation for answering Geographical Questions with credit and satisfaction.

Bellefield House

Dec. 17th. 1835"

That's what I said apart from the word 'credit' - haven't you the grace to say thank you ?

That's what I said apart from the word 'credit' - haven't you the grace to say thank you ?

My apologies, remiss of me and a belated Thank you.

Guest Gramps

My apologies, remiss of me and a belated Thank you.

You're welcome. Ever ready to help if I can.

You're welcome. Ever ready to help if I can.

I'm afraid rumours of layoffs and redundancy and stuff have been doing my head in all day; either that or we're buying another business ...