Balm family and 'the alley' Penistone Road

winter64

Hi, Just registered with this site and Im hoping you good people may be able to help me out with a couple of dead ends I have come to in my family tree.

My great grandmother Clara Oates born 2 December 1875 shows a mother only on her birth certificate. Her mothers name is Annis Oates and the address on the birth certificate shows 58 Addy Street. (She is not the Clara born to Daniel and Selina Oates, I wrongly went down this route first.)

Annis also had another daughter with no father shown, Eliza in 1869, address shown at this time was Hill Foot.

I cant find any trace of them together on any census. I can find an Eliza living with an auntie Eliza Watts in 1881 but no other traces.

Clara married Reuben Balm in Jan 1896 and they had 13 children that I can find, my grandad being the youngest.

Eliza married Thomas Oldham in 1889 and he was a widower at age 26 when he married Eliza.

Does anyone have any trace of Annis Oates in their tree who had 2 children out of wedlock in 1869 and 1875 who can give me some more info on her?

(If anyone is tracing the Balms through the Reuben Benjamin>Benjamin>Reuben Benjamin b 1818 line, I have just put a host of corrections on the census records on Ancestry to make tracing them easier as they are shown under Born, Balen, Baton, Balin etc - nightmare!!!