Steam Workings through Sheffield

Guest Trefcon

If we get many more steam visits they will have to install some way of turning them round. It does not look quite right to me. Any one got an old turntable handy.

Out of interest why do they bring the engines into Sheffield Station and then reversing them out, nice though this to get these great pictures, can they not go straight down the old road to Barrow Hill missing out the station bit?

If we get many more steam visits they will have to install some way of turning them round. It does not look quite right to me. Any one got an old turntable handy.

Out of interest why do they bring the engines into Sheffield Station and then reversing them out, nice though this to get these great pictures, can they not go straight down the old road to Barrow Hill missing out the station bit?

That thought had crossed my mind, especially as they wil be returning to York that way.

Somebody may know the reason.

Guest bus man

Understand its because barrow hill want then facing the way they arrive at BH, while there is a turtable at barrow hill round house its not that big , some of the locos could be turned using outriggers however with amount of stuff in there especailly this weekend theve done it like that

FINALLY

The triangle at dore can now be used for turning again if needed this was out of use as the work hadnt been completed following the bradway tunnell work I now understand it is now back in use however , due to the amount of traffic on both lines suspect it wont be used very often for this prupose

Understand its because barrow hill want then facing the way they arrive at BH, while there is a turtable at barrow hill round house its not that big , some of the locos could be turned using outriggers however with amount of stuff in there especailly this weekend theve done it like that

FINALLY

The triangle at dore can now be used for turning again if needed this was out of use as the work hadnt been completed following the bradway tunnell work I now understand it is now back in use however , due to the amount of traffic on both lines suspect it wont be used very often for this prupose

Thanks Bus man

60007 & 60009

These 2 locomotives arrived last week on different days, and returned to York this morning.

Seen here nr Beighton.

Guest Killamarsh GC

The traingle at Dore is not available to turn loco's and hasnt been since the power box took over the area. There is no way of signalling the move. The only time it has been used recently is last easter when in an emergency we turned a crane that had come to site the wrong way round. To do that took all kinds of permissions to allow the move.

60163 Tornado leaves Barrow Hill for Stewarts Lane in London on Thursday 16th April- Does anybody know which way will it go?

60163 Tornado leaves Barrow Hill for Stewarts Lane in London on Thursday 16th April- Does anybody know which way it go?

My guess is it will go south from Barrow Hill to Chesterfield then down the Midland Mainline to Derby, as for times I am not sure. The link on UKSteam.info does not seem to work

Guest Killamarsh GC

Tornado is going via Doncaster so shes the right way round, I will try and confirm some timings.

Guest bus man

OLIVER CROMWELL -

The times for Saturday 9th May Next Saturday

London Victoria 0814

Chesterfield 1339

Dore Sth Junction 1352

Hathersage 1405/6

Edale 1419

Manchester Picc 1515 arr 1715 dep - returns with a diesel no times for this area yet but through loughborough 1924

Full Steam Times:

http://www.uksteam.info/tours/t09/t0509a.htm

Right chaps you have a week to get the duffle bag out and the lyons fruit pie you can of course catch a bus to get to the curve route 45 via wolsey road perhaps or the tram to millhouses shed then walk through the woods

PLEASE USE THIS INFORMATION RESPONSIBLY AND KEEP TO THE CORRECT SIDE OF THE FENCE - KEEP CHILDREN UNDER CONTROL

Remember mainline steam is under threat due to irresponsible acts make sure its not YOU that end steam on network rail

These times are as of this morning so keep an eye out incase they change

Guest bus man

URGENT - ROUTE AMENDED

Owing to gaugeing issues this train is now been terminated at Sheffield Midland it will not be going through to manchester so therefore will not be going through the hope valley .

Any amendments to the time table are not yet to hand I will post when I get them although you could use the link in the post above to check

Guest bus man

Sorry this isnt sheffield but may be of intrest to some of you

LMS Princess Class 4-6-2 no 46201 Princess Elizabeth

FRIDAY 8th May 2009

ECS

CREWE - DONCASTER RMT via Wakefield Kirkgate and various moves in dony

Station 1631

full details for friday

http://www.uksteam.info/tours/t09/t0508p.htm

SATURDAY 9th May

Kings Cross - Carlisle via Keighley and S&C (diesel KX - Doncaster RMT & Carlisle - Kings Cross via outward route)

Kings Cross 631 (diesel)

Doncaster RMT 925 - 1017

Donaster Stn 1017

Keighley 1156

Carlisle 1515 - 1644 (Return is diesel)

Newark 2036

Kings Cross 2252

Saturdays times

http://www.uksteam.info/tours/t09/t0509d.htm

Guest bus man

URGENT - ROUTE AMENDED

Owing to gaugeing issues this train is now been terminated at Sheffield Midland it will not be going through to manchester so therefore will not be going through the hope valley .

Any amendments to the time table are not yet to hand I will post when I get them although you could use the link in the post above to check

Please note not sure if it will use old road or dore now as not sure what loco was due to do when it got to manchester

Guest bus man

Quick times :

London Vic 814

Chesterfield 1410

Dore Station Junction 1423

Sheffield midland 1429 depart 1759 with diesel

further times see above

the steam loco will then go to barrow hill and spend the nigt south sunday no times for this yet see post 71 below

URGENT - ROUTE AMENDED

Just out of interest what are "gaugeing issues"?

jiginc

Guest bus man

SUNDAY 10TH MAY

Light Engine Oliver Cromwell

Barrow Hill 1655

Chesterfield Stn 1700

Gauging issues the loco wont fit the line : it is believed that part of the loco may hit structures on the line as the line will have been changed since a loco of that size last went through , chimneys are very vulnrable to hitting bridges so are cylinders hitting station edges

SUNDAY 10TH MAY

Barrow Hill 1655

Chesterfield Stn 1700

Gauging issues the loco wont fit the line : it is believed that part of the loco may hit structures on the line as the line will have been changed since a loco of that size last went through , chimneys are very vulnrable to hitting bridges so are cylinders hitting station edges

From Woodseats Rd coasting down towards Sheffield about 30 minutes down

Guest bus man

From Woodseats Rd coasting down towards Sheffield about 30 minutes down

It came through chesterfield on the slow lines and stood for around 20 min or so we did wonder if they were going to send it old road - obviously the didnt nice shot . The Princess looked good in doncaster this morning

Guest bus man

This shows it starting after the signal check at chesterfield - sorry its out

of sheffield I assume I am not going to be shot for putting it on here

SUNDAY 10TH MAY

Barrow Hill 1655

Chesterfield Stn 1700

Thanks Bus Man, I thought it must be something like that but find it hard to believe they did not check it before booking the trip. I would think the passengers were a little up set not to be going through the Hope Valley I would have been.

Thanks again jiginc

Guest bus man

Thanks Bus Man, I thought it must be something like that but find it hard to believe they did not check it before booking the trip. I would think the passengers were a little up set not to be going through the Hope Valley I would have been.

Thanks again jiginc

They did check / make a desision before the day they didnt end up with loco hiting something and leaving a bit behind like on the GWR, I suspect it was probably a paper work issue that got them to stop it the problem is that these tours are booked about a year in advance but certain sections of the railway industry sit onthe paper work for ages then its too late to do anything