Round of Applause

RichardB

Check out My Assistant, then Today's Top 20 Posters - Dunsbyowl 175 a remarkable effort, surely no-one is stupid enough to have beaten that record !

<Hides>

Remarkable work on WMC's Dunsby - have a Sheffield History Vote of Thanks Medal - which I have just made up.

Check out My Assistant, then Today's Top 20 Posters - Dunsbyowl 175 a remarkable effort, surely no-one is stupid enough to have beaten that record !

<Hides>

Remarkable work on WMC's Dunsby - have a Sheffield History Vote of Thanks Medal - which I have just made up.

What's the second prize ? 2? lol

<Hides>

How is it possible to do 175 posts in such a short space of time?

When I have had a lot to post at once I have, as I am sure Dunsbyowl does, have it pre-prepared in text / spreadsheet / image files on my hard drive which can then be "cut and pasted" into Sheffield History. A sensible thing to do as it allows many hours of typing / research to be put on the site very quickly.

However I have found that when I have just posted something if you immediately try to post something else the site goes to one of its pinky coloured error screens with a message that says

FLOOD CONTROL IS IN OPERATION ON THIS BOARD

PLEASE WAIT BEFORE MAKING ANY MORE POSTINGS

Although the delay is not long, usually only 10 seconds, it is a delay and having to navigate back from that annoying error nag screen is obviously trying to discourage heavy posting rather than encourage it.

Well done on this achievement Dunsbyowl, you must have been sat in front of your computer for a very long time that day!

How is it possible to do 175 posts in such a short space of time?

When I have had a lot to post at once I have, as I am sure Dunsbyowl does, have it pre-prepared in text / spreadsheet / image files on my hard drive which can then be "cut and pasted" into Sheffield History. A sensible thing to do as it allows many hours of typing / research to be put on the site very quickly.

However I have found that when I have just posted something if you immediately try to post something else the site goes to one of its pinky coloured error screens with a message that says

FLOOD CONTROL IS IN OPERATION ON THIS BOARD

PLEASE WAIT BEFORE MAKING ANY MORE POSTINGS

Although the delay is not long, usually only 10 seconds, it is a delay and having to navigate back from that annoying error nag screen is obviously trying to discourage heavy posting rather than encourage it.

Well done on this achievement Dunsbyowl, you must have been sat in front of your computer for a very long time that day!

Hi Dave

It was only because I had a list of Working Mens Clubs which I indeed did cut and past individually (and even included some "blank" posts so we could add some more later hopefully in alphabetical order). So it was no achievement at all - it's quality not quantity ;-)

I have never come across the error message you cite Dave :blink:

Then you're not posting fast enuf, get a move on !!!!

Hi Dave

It was only because I had a list of Working Mens Clubs which I indeed did cut and past individually (and even included some "blank" posts so we could add some more later hopefully in alphabetical order). So it was no achievement at all - it's quality not quantity ;-)

I've not got a lot of pre-prepared stuff to post at the moment so as RichardB says I'm not posting fast enough to get that error screen up.

However, next time I get the flood control in operation, - don't post so fast message I'll try and do a screen capture of it and post it here.

I've not got a lot of pre-prepared stuff to post at the moment so as RichardB says I'm not posting fast enough to get that error screen up.

However, next time I get the flood control in operation, - don't post so fast message I'll try and do a screen capture of it and post it here.

Everyone should post fast enough just once to get that error message, me, I was on my way to 220 in one day, Man, that was a buzz.

Everyone should post fast enough just once to get that error message, me, I was on my way to 220 in one day, Man, that was a buzz.

Richard - you should get out more. ;-)

There you go boys,

I don't post half as much as RichardB or Dunsbyowl, but when I try to post a lot of pre-prepared stuff quickly this is the message that comes back.

Good work, if only everyone could get that busy, or that interested to hit that message - just once !

One posting each, from every active Member, for Easter please.

Mine is sad, my Father passed away 9th April 1993; Good Friday, not a very Good Friday it has to be said.

Good work, if only everyone could get that busy, or that interested to hit that message - just once !

One posting each, from every active Member, for Easter please.

Mine is sad, my Father passed away 9th April 1993; Good Friday, not a very Good Friday it has to be said.

I'd rather have the "ERROR, please don't post so fast" message rather than the "ERROR, push off history swot, don't you know the Wednesday are playing" that we seem to get every Saturday

I'm sure we get plenty of the available bandwidth, it's just when the Football crowd hits, it hits hard - a brief period of frenzied posting ... presumably ...

Annoying when you are sat with data to post.