Family History

dunsbyowl1867

I'd be pleased to hear from anyone who thinks they may connected to any of these Sheffield families :

Andrew/s - Ecclesall

Belk - city centre

Bennett - Brightside/Grimesthopre

Bramhall - Portobello

Chadburn

Dibble - Attercliffe/Shiregreen

Feek - Beighton & Shiregreen

Green - Attercliffe

Morris - Grimesthorpe

Skain - Tinsley/Attercliffe

Skeen -Tinsley/Attercliffe

Skehan - Tinsley/Attercliffe

Stringer

Whitaker - Grimesthorpe/Firth Park/Shiregreen

lol

I'm pretty sure it was Whitakers who farmed the green fields buried by Fir Vale Workhouse, from both Barrow Field and The Hagg. See the census for 1841 and 1851.

I'm pretty sure it was Whitakers who farmed the green fields buried by Fir Vale Workhouse, from both Barrow Field and The Hagg. See the census for 1841 and 1851.

Thanks Gramps but my Whitaker didn't arrive in Sheffiield until 1860s and were pattern makers. Going a bit further back I have got back to a framer in Lincolnshire!

Thanks Gramps but my Whitaker didn't arrive in Sheffiield until 1860s and were pattern makers. Going a bit further back I have got back to a framer in Lincolnshire!

Is that a picture framer :)

Hi Dunsbyowl, My mums maiden name was Morris. Her family, dad William & mum Lilian ( nee Bellamy) plus brother Kenneth moved to 43 Rothay Rd at Grimesthorpe from Sutherland Rd in May 1924. They moved to be near William's job at teh Gasworks. Before marriage William had lived at Asline Rd, Sellars Rd & Lancing Rd.

His dad was John Morris who had a twin brother James. They moved to Sheffield from Bingham, Notts about 1860.

Any connection?

John

Hi Dunsbyowl, My mums maiden name was Morris. Her family, dad William & mum Lilian ( nee Bellamy) plus brother Kenneth moved to 43 Rothay Rd at Grimesthorpe from Sutherland Rd in May 1924. They moved to be near William's job at teh Gasworks. Before marriage William had lived at Asline Rd, Sellars Rd & Lancing Rd.

His dad was John Morris who had a twin brother James. They moved to Sheffield from Bingham, Notts about 1860.

Any connection?

John

Sorry John mine were from Shropshire, Moses and Ann Morris and lived on Botham Street.