V&A Exhibition

dunsbyowl1867

Went down on Sunday 15 February 2009. :rolleyes:

The sign otside said entrance was FREE i.e. GRATIS lol

Soon as we walked in we were told you had to pay to come in, so turned round and walked out again. :o

Probably a GREAT EXHIBITION, but as usual poor organisation and advertising!! :(

Which is indeed a bit cheeky when if you went to the V&A you can get in for free and you've paid for the venue anyway as a Counciltax payer :(

Which is indeed a bit cheeky when if you went to the V&A you can get in for free and you've paid for the venue anyway as a Counciltax payer :(

I think the wording free means you can walk through the Millenium Galleries and visit their shop then continue through to the Winter Gardens, you can also visit there Cafe for free. See there is a lot you can do free there. :)

I think the wording free means you can walk through the Millenium Galleries and visit their shop then continue through to the Winter Gardens, you can also visit there Cafe for free. See there is a lot you can do free there. :)

To me FREE means its doesn't cost you anything! Gratis, no charge, to you my friend, nothing, nowt.

So to me it couldn't be clearer what it means, - but when you go there it obviously means something else to the organisers

Something like, - put your hand in your pocket, get your wallet out, cash please, pay up ..........

The local exhibitions are free, the Ruskin etc, but the visiting ones usually charge admission. I've been to the V&A one, and was a bit disappointed at the number of exhibits, nothing like the excellent exhibition of Islamic Art a few months ago. That said, what is there is well worth the visit, and the tie-in to local material is good.

But the comment about the V&A in London being free, and local collections being free is underlined by the fact that so much isn't from the V&A but from Sheffield and other collections!