Red Muck. Hoyle Street.

ukelele lady

Does anyone remember the "red muck" on Hoyle Street? We used to play on there as kids.

It was flattened ground covered with something like crushed red housebricks, maybe thats what it were.

The boys would play cricket or football or ride their "trolleys "on there.

If you really got adventurous you would walk higher up towards Jericho Street and play on the tyre stock.

Up there was where they stored all the ex-army items like battered jeeps, trucks and large search lights, there were

broken glass everywhere.

What an adventure that was, no elf and safety then. lol

Does anyone remember the "red muck" on Hoyle Street? We used to play on there as kids.

It was flattened ground covered with something like crushed red housebricks, maybe thats what it were.

The boys would play cricket or football or ride their "trolleys "on there.

If you really got adventurous you would walk higher up towards Jericho Street and play on the tyre stock.

Up there was where they stored all the ex-army items like battered jeeps, trucks and large search lights, there were

broken glass everywhere.

What an adventure that was, no elf and safety then. lol

I lived at the pub on Jericho street,(Victoria Hotel) until we moved in 1959 and spent hours playing on the red muck and with all the army vehichles, did you also go to Netherthorpe school?

I lived at the pub on Jericho street,(Victoria Hotel) until we moved in 1959 and spent hours playing on the red muck and with all the army vehichles, did you also go to Netherthorpe school?

No I didn't go to Netherthorpe but all my friends in the area did. What did they call the pub on which the front was on

Jericho Street and the backyard came out at the top of Netherthorpe Street. The nick-name of it was "lower drop"

and as I remember it did have quiet a drop from the back of the pub to the pubs back yard. Was it the Victoria?

No I didn't go to Netherthorpe but all my friends in the area did. What did they call the pub on which the front was on

Jericho Street and the backyard came out at the top of Netherthorpe Street. The nick-name of it was "lower drop"

and as I remember it did have quiet a drop from the back of the pub to the pubs back yard. Was it the Victoria?

Its nickname as you say was the Low Drop, it's where I lived from 1950 until 1959. The real name being The Victoria Hotel.