Morris or Morriss

Guest davyg

Hi

Is anyone researching Morris or Morriss from Sheffield ...I seem to have a mix of the spelling of Morris...and also I have a Leggett Morriss. The Leggett Morriss were in Petre St Sheffield 1911..Anyone ever come across this surname ?

Dave

Hi

Is anyone researching Morris or Morriss from Sheffield ...I seem to have a mix of the spelling of Morris...and also I have a Leggett Morriss. The Leggett Morriss were in Petre St Sheffield 1911..Anyone ever come across this surname ?

Dave

Hi Dave

I have a Morris family in Grimesthorpe around the turn of the century ( the last one that is!) lol:(

Hi Dave

I have a Morris family in Grimesthorpe around the turn of the century ( the last one that is!) lol:(

Hi Dave, My mum was Morris and lived at 43 Rothay Rd , Grimesthorpe. My gt grandad was John Morris who was born in Bingham Notts in 1845 and together with his twin borther James, moved to Sheffield in the 1860's. He married Fanny Mosley and had children Mary, Charles and William (my grandad born 1884).

Charles Morris married Beatrice Davis and had children Stanley & Eileen.

William married Lilian Bellamy, children were Marjorie ( my mum ) and Kenneth.

James Morris married Mary jane Hall and children were Albert, Arthur and Anthony - they lived Sharrow Vale. Sheffield

Both John and James were Wesleyan Reform Church local preachers and James was ordained abt 1890.

Any names ring a bell?

John

Hi Dave, My mum was Morris and lived at 43 Rothay Rd , Grimesthorpe. My gt grandad was John Morris who was born in Bingham Notts in 1845 and together with his twin borther James, moved to Sheffield in the 1860's. He married Fanny Mosley and had children Mary, Charles and William (my grandad born 1884).

Charles Morris married Beatrice Davis and had children Stanley & Eileen.

William married Lilian Bellamy, children were Marjorie ( my mum ) and Kenneth.

James Morris married Mary jane Hall and children were Albert, Arthur and Anthony - they lived Sharrow Vale. Sheffield

Both John and James were Wesleyan Reform Church local preachers and James was ordained abt 1890.

Any names ring a bell?

John

Thankyou for your replies but as yet I cannot match any of these names .Early days yet so will come back if I make a connection .

Regards

Dave