Ancestry and some interesting updates

RichardB

A number of publications have become available on Ancestry.co.uk; a year of more ago I found images of Sheffield Register on Ancestry (Jigrah), the copyright was questioned so I removed the image - knowing full well I'd got the image from Ancestry. I bought the CD and found it somewhat dull.

Today I notice a number of Directories available via full subscription at Ancestry - some are from ArchiveCD Books (others may well be from other sources, not had time) - the title page is there as well.

I'm getting images of Pigot's 1818 - 1820, could we transcribe these (probably 30 pages in all, I've not finished yet), if so, volunteers please PM me your email address OR just PM me (technology getting the better of me !)and we will get cracking, the more input, the less effort for us all. I'm talking the entire Sheffield section, not just the Pubs - never one for the small gesture when the big gesture will do nicely.

One image to show what there is - bugger me, it's some Pubs !

1818, 1819, 1820 - Pigot's - Sheffield

27 pages in all, 14 pages sent out so far. Easy to read, more people required - RichardB

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll do a few pages for you - the image quality looks almost good enough to OCR.

Gramps

I'll do a few pages for you - the image quality looks almost good enough to OCR.

Excellent, Thank you. Four pages on the way via PM (the three pages of Pubs are yours to devour !!!).

1822 Pigot's - Sheffield

18 pages in total, any more volunteers, as many or as few pages as you like. Very legible, transcribe into Word, Excel whatever - very easy.