English Heritage

Bayleaf

At risk of offering egg-sucking lessons to grannies, does everyone know of the online resources from English Heritage? If not, try starting here

http://viewfinder.english-heritage.org.uk/default.aspx

try a Basic Search for Sheffield, then follow the links at the bottom of the results page to Images of England, and Pastscape (still no sign of Redgates though!)

Beautiful, great find (I for one have not seen that site before, never be afraid of looking a fool by posting, someone, somewhere; me in this case is always dumber than you :blink: )

I'd suggest we post links to all the Sheffield images on that site (Crown Copyright and all that); should have it done by Tuesday week with a little help, come on Folks, pitch in.

<RichardB hides again>

Beautiful, great find (I for one have not seen that site before, never be afraid of looking a fool by posting, someone, somewhere; me in this case is always dumber than you :blink: )

I'd suggest we post links to all the Sheffield images on that site (Crown Copyright and all that); should have it done by Tuesday week with a little help, come on Folks, pitch in.

<RichardB hides again>

I've linked all the pubs in the EH listed buildings list to our pubs listing. about 20 of them. The entry on EH includes a detailed description of each building and in some cases a brief historical note as well as a photo.

I've linked all the pubs in the EH listed buildings list to our pubs listing. about 20 of them. The entry on EH includes a detailed description of each building and in some cases a brief historical note as well as a photo.

Many Thanks :rolleyes: