I'm sure I should know this

RichardB

On our recent flying visit to Sheffield I was that busy talking and pointing that I failed to take a picture of the Hen and Chickens ... but I did notice a building just down Castle Green that I know nothing about - same side as the Pub, just down the hill. Anyone know what it is or more importantly was ?

Stone fronted, same height as the Court/Town Hall of old.

On our recent flying visit to Sheffield I was that busy talking and pointing that I failed to take a picture of the Hen and Chickens ... but I did notice a building just down Castle Green that I know nothing about - same side as the Pub, just down the hill. Anyone know what it is or more importantly was ?

See photo from Dave Milners FLICKR site

Link

Is the building you refer to just below the Hen and Chickens

You catch a glimpse of it in this photo

I seem to think it was part of the courts building, family courts perhaps. Not been down there far a while now but the lights always used to be on , even though empty.